Chapter 10~ History, Not Just A Class

We don't do much in Mr. Wright's class for the first half of the period, but now we have to pick partners and do a project on a time period in a country of the world. It can be any time period or country it just has to be more than 50 years ago and it can't be the United States.

I have no friends in the class except Railin, but he is working with his crush, Makayla. I have no one to work with. Maybe Mr. wright will let me do it alone.

Please just let me do it alone, It'd be easier.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around. It's Kenny.

"Hey can I work with you? Everyone else has a partner and I came to class late. I was talking to Halki about the incident this morning." He asks.

Well at least I know him. Sure we have history, like romantically, but it's better than working alone.

"Yeah we can work together." I say.

"Cool thanks. So what are we doing?" He asks.

He can be a douche sometimes, but he is genuinely a good person. I'm glad that he saved me the embarrassment of working alone so I offer him a smile.

"I was thinking we could do ours about Germany. Maybe around the time of The Holocaust. There would be a lot of material for it on the internet. It would be kinda easy. What do you think?" I ask.

I don't think he was paying attention though because he was staring at my boobs the whole time. He looks up though.

"Yeah that sounds good. This is our big project for the semester so we are going to have to work outside of school too. Do you want to keep the stuff at your place and have me come over on say Tuesdays and Thursdays? That way we can get a lot done, and if we need more then you can call me and I'll come over to help you if I can." He says.

"That sounds great. We are going to have a great project. Oh we have to tell Mr. Wright what are project is on so he can reserve it for us." I say as I get up to tell Mr. Wright.

"Ok you tell him and I'll search for some facts on the computer." He says.

Awe he's sweet.

"Ok." I say. I go up to see Mr. Wright.

"Hello Hayden. What will your project be on and who are you working with?" He asks.

"I'm working with Kenny Rogers and we are doing our project on Germany during the Holocaust." I say.

"Kenny Rogers eh? I didn't picture you working with him." Wright says.

"Well we are friends and we both didn't have partners. He is coming over twice a week to work on it." I say.

I think he thinks Kenny isn't going to do any work.

"Well that's good to hear. Goodbye Hayden." He says. I walk away.

What a douche bag! He had no right to be all uppity about Kenny. Kenny is a good guy when he isn't screwing around.

I go back and Kenny already has a whole page of facts and website names for information. "We got it." I say as I sit next to him.

"Awesome." He says. We keep working till the bell rings, but we barely talk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was Chapter 11 of "You're All I Need"? Will Kenny actually do some of the work or is he using Hayden? Why does Mr. Wright not like Kenny? How will Darin feel about Hayden working on a project with her ex boyfriend? Tell me what you think! Thanks for reading!