Chapter 22~ 1 New Message

Darin's POV

It's been a week since I've talked to Hayden & I wanted, needed to hear her voice. I knew if I called she would answer, but I couldn't seem to dial the number. I had so many missed calls from her, Railin, & the guys that my inbox was full.

Well if I can't call her then I'll just listen to the inbox messages she has left me. I dial 1 for inbox & the messages start. The first one is from her, naturally. I press the phone so close to my ear. I need to absorb every syllable that's comes from her mouth.

-Message 1- Hayden-
Darin, I don't know where you are. I'm scared. It hurts me so badly that you're gone & you didn't even tell me where you were going. How do I know you're not dead in a ditch? Why are you so fucking selfish? You just left us all here and haven't called since! I've been crying all day.

I couldn't even bring myself to go to school. You know your sister just flew to New York with Garrett! Do you care? Probably not because you left us all here without a second thought! I know you need to "process", but dammit you can process here!

You didn't need to leave us wondering if you're ok, or if you're even alive. How could you do this to me? I'm sorry if you're pissed at me. If I did something wrong then please for the love of god tell me! You know what fuck it! Goodbye Darin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh god what did I do? Why did I do this?

The next message starts. It's from Railin.

-Message 2- Railin-
Hey man it's me. Look I don't know what's going on. Did I do something? Is it about our fight? All I know is you guys aren't in school & you didn't text me to say where you were. I'm just worried ok. Please call me back. I need to know what's going on. Just call or text please. Bye.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuck I forgot to tell him. He's probably freaking out if Hayden didn't tell him what happened already. Shit shit shit!

A new message starts it's Hayden again.

-Message 3- Hayden-
Look Darin, I don't know where you are, but please just call me or somebody. I just want to know that you're ok. Is that too much to ask? Did I do something wrong? Was sex with me really that horrible that you had to run away?

Listen Darin shit is hitting the fan. We need you right now. Gabby is sick. She has the flu & the only person she wants right now is your mom. I don't know what to do please help me out here.

Just call or something & you can talk to Gabby on the phone if you don't want to come back. Please just call. Goodbye Darin, I love you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope Gabby is ok. How could she think I left because of her? I loved her for crying out loud! How could she think anything close to that? God dammit!

The next message starts. Its Kenny.

-Message 4- Kenny-
Hey dude. Listen everybody is worried about you. We haven't seen you since well you know the fight & we just wondered where you were. Anyway give us a call or something. Thanks bye.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least Kenny isn't accusing me of things & looking for something to blame.