V

One of Us
V

"So you just saw her like this?"

"Y-yeah. I was gonna ask her if she wanted anything to drink and..."

Sam shook his head, "(Y/N)..."

I glared at my brother, "You don't have to care for her, Sam, but I do!"

I get why Sam didn't like her, but still, that's our mother. Show some concern at least, Sam.

Sam threw his hands up in the air in defense, "Okay, okay! Just calm down."

He walked closer to the bed and tapped Mom on her hip. She didn't respond.

The more she lay there, the more worried I became. Despite Sam not caring for her, I did. She was our Mom. Kids were supposed to love their parents. If adults didn't care for children, why would they want them in the first place?

"She's still breathing." Sam states, much to my relief, "But I wouldn't count on her waking up in the morning."

I nod my head, "Not like she ever wakes up in the morning..."

Sam shrugs his shoulders, "At least she's alive. Just...keep watch on her in the morning. Okay, (Y/N)?"

This was the first time in a while Sam showed little concern about her. This, honestly, surprised the hell outta me.

"Y-yeah...Sam." I nod awkwardly.

Sam walked towards me and ruffled my hair. I chuckled as he walked out of the room with me following closely behind.

Like what Sam said, Mom didn't wake up until 3 o'clock in the afternoon. I heard her moan and groan in her bedroom for a good hour before her door swung open.

I sat in the living room, watching "ALF" on TV by myself. Sam went out with Bill and the others to the lake to go swimming. I was jealous as fuck that I didn't get to go, since Sam wanted me to stay home until Mom woke up.

Then again, I did volunteer to watch her. I knew Sam wouldn't give two shits about her and leave her here. God forbid a burglar or that fucked up Clown thing would get to her if she was left alone.

I heard Mom cough violently from the kitchen, but I kept my eyes glued on Alf. I knew she was fine anyway. Besides, Alf was too funny to look away from. He kind of reminded me of...well, me with his smart-mouthed attitude.

"(Y/N)?" Mom groaned from the kitchen.

I hummed in response.

"Where's your brother?" She asks.

"Out with the guys at the lake." I respond quickly.

"He didn't take you with him?" She questioned.

"Nah. I didn't want to go anyway." I lied.

She scoffed, "Some fucking brother that boy is."

I restrained myself from saying anything harsh. Sam was a good brother, hell, he's a great brother. Mom just didn't know that. She's never home to see what he does for me.