1. The Silencing

September 3rd, 2019, Sophmore Year

The origins of our story begin in the depths of the South side of Riverdale. The Jones siblings, Riley, Josh, Jughead, Elliot and August opted for an afternoon canoe ride. Lucille Dale River was notoriously known as an alternate reality.

The only witnesses of the events of September 3rd are a scout troop, lead by Lincoln Doely who was on a scouting expedition. Discovering Riley, who was crouched on the rocky shores, uttering only a single name.

''Josh...''

Riverdale police escorting the Jones's siblings off the premises, streaming them across the lake. The female brunette scarred as she's enclosed in her brother's precious blanket. The police dragged their boats streaming through the river for a body. Although the eldest Jones's siblings' body was never recovered, disappearing with a trace.

Rumours captivating the town, Riley catching a glimpse of Danica and Wesley Carpenter and their daughter Sarah, perfect daughter and straight-A student. Danica, the town's Mayor and Wesley, the chief of the local police department.

''May Joshua Gabriel Jones burn in hell''

September 8th, 2019

The Jones's burying an empty casket, a week after the incident was ruled an accident. Riley's ring left floating in the water. The police determining that Josh's canoe tipped over and he accidentally drowned in the river.

As for the rest of the town, by the end of the summer vacation, the rumours continued to make the rounds. As a new mystery rolled into town.

''Now brace yourself, boys, department's small but quality over quantity is what's important, right? Also, this property was purchased under my name, not your father's.''

Their estranged father is somebody who is untalked about. Their mother held many grudges against their absent parent.

''Friar! Welcome, Home! It's lovely to see you again, Erica''

Their concierge and butler as well the chauffeur, welcoming them into their new home.

''Christopher, you are a sight for sore eyes. We arrived with no traffic along the way, the upper west side of Riverdale is so lovely and quiet, reminds me so much of the farm back in Texas. Christopher, I'd like to introduce you to my sons, Lucas, Austin and Liam, my daughters Blair and Lily live with their father back in Texas.''

Shaking each of the boys' hands, Lucas's suspicions of his mother, placed on the backburner for the sake of his brothers.

''Would you like a menu, Ma'am?''

She politely declines his offer, deferring her sons' options to Topanga's, the local coffee shop.

''Mom? What is Topanga's? And why am I now craving a coffee?''

***

''Jug, I find this incredibly hypocritical and mediocre of you to be forcing the rest of us to be here to Topanga's. We all know that the introvert such as yourself would only be here to work on your writing. Hence the computer that you're sitting in front of.''

Eyeing his younger sister, only 11 months apart. Allowing Riley and him to both be beginning their Junior year in 12 hours.

''Details are just mere misconceptions. How was the internship over the summer, Riley? I'm sure Josh wo-''

A murderous glance traveling through to him, the trust strengthened their bond. The chiming of the glass entrance, stopping the brunette in her tracks, goosebumps shivering down her spine. Breaking her trance by her brothers scraping their shoes against her ankles.

''I get what you're talking about Jug, but Marie Connolly said that she is going to refer my work to one of her colleagues and they emailed me last week to tell me that this summer, I will be going to Washington to join one the elite photography companies. I know that it's wrong and Josh's death is still looming over us like a cloud of darkness''

Their fathers' overprotective nature, causes Riley to become a threat by the enemy who is out for blood.

''The Goolies would seep all of the blood out of your veins before you skipped town. Nobody knows what really went down that night, not even us. But the Goolies think that the reason we skipped town was that we murdered him. Nobody can be trusted, just remember that.''

 His relationship with Sarah was envied by some and deflected by others. Ignoring the world as she allows the ink to link along the paper. Footsteps creaking along the floorboards, snapping the brunette's attention towards a pair of gravitating emerald orbs.

''Hey...''

Resting her elbows on the stainless steel 1950's Grease style milk shop/restaurant table. 

'' Hi?''

Swirling the silver bracelet she inherited from her mother, Gladys Elizabeth Jones, nee Peterson. Her disappearance just months after the 'Josh' incident, like a fresh wound, although her anti-psychotics medication and journal were left behind. The only traces of her existence in their household are Riley's stuffed teddy that Mary sewed and stuffed by hand. 

Her monotone voice, pursed lips, and cold nature setting off a volatile tone. 

''Don't mind her, I'm Elliot, this is Jughead, Auggie and she's Riley. She's not always like this, she's just very anti-social and demeaning to people she doesn't trust.''

Bruising her brother's shin as her black laced boots come in contact with his skin.

''Nice to meet you, Elliot, I'm Austin, this Liam and that's Lucas.''

Her anger boils over as her brothers openly converse with complete strangers despite their father's life philosophy. ''Blood doesn't bind us, it's our trust that makes us family''

''So where you guys from? You're clearly not from around here.''

The southern drawl causes the brunette Jones to bring a smirk to her lips. 

''Tell them our entire life story while you're at, why don't you? Why would they talk to us anyway? I assume that Sarah hasn't warned you about us yet, has she? Because it doesn't matter what she tells you about us, nobody sticks around for long anyway.''

Slipping outside and out the door. Although the thought of being followed dawns upon her mind. Remembering her twin with such fondness, but one thought remains in her mind 6 months on.

''What do you want?''

No body was ever found and an empty casket was buried