9. Meeting Mrs Friar

Riley's Bedroom-5: 52 pm

Tying off her low fishtail braid, Riley brushes the loose strands to the side of her face, tucked away behind her ear. Slipping her blue jean jacket over her burgundy flowed sleeveless shirt, matching her black ripped jeans.

''Hey...''

The emerald-eyed dirty blonde pops his head into the brunette's bedroom. Her lips curl into a smile, her chocolate orbs shimmer with happiness. Allowing him to climb into her bedroom, kissing her forehead before pressing his nose against hers.

''Hey Riles, ready to go?''

His mouth gapes at the sight of the brunette, his knees go weak. 

''Course I am. We just gotta be quick because running into one of my brothers is not going to end well. So, you ready to go?''

She's speechless at the boy standing in front of her. Coming back to reality at the sound of his voice.

''Yeah, I'm ready.''

The brunette latches onto the Texan with a fierce grip, the fear of something going wrong

''So what're your sisters like? I'm sure that they miss you a lot.''

Scratching his neck, awkwardly, his fingers shaking at the thought of Blair and Lily's scarred faces buried into his memory.

''I remember the last time I saw them was 6 months ago. When Mom and Dad gathered all of us for a family dinner because Mom wanted to tell us boys that we were going to be moving with her. Lily's only 6, so she doesn't really understand what's going on. But Blair does know what's going on so she's a little unstable, which sucks because she's a year younger than us but Mom and Dad really fucked her over. I know that I do get to see them during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. I don't know, I wish that my Dad lived here. It's not like I despise my Mom or anything, she's just...hard to live with sometimes.''

Caressing his arm as he leads her up the steps, the country twang of the porch makes her grin.

''I get it, my Mom didn't necessarily have that good of a marriage with my father before she left so it wasn't much of a surprise to anybody when she did. I just, don't know what I would say to her if she ever did come back.''

Caressing his thumb on top of her knuckles, leaning against him as her eyes linger on him, unlocking the door, her nerves reaching an all-time high.

''Luke!''

The door opens and a woman in her mid to late forties answers this causes Riley's nerves to skyrocket. Gulping as her father's voice bellow from across the fence, her eyes linger towards her brothers hopping out of Stiles' truck. Her heart thuds as she sees her father linger towards the fence.

''FP?! Is that you?!''

Lucas's mother smiles, although this doesn't calm Riley's nerves in the slightest. Settling into Lucas's embrace as they watch their parents converse. Kissing her temple as she buries her face into his chest.

''It'll be alright, you just need to rest and calm down. C'mon, I'll take you inside to see my brothers. Let's go.''

Resting his arm around her shoulders as she links her hands with his that's dangling. Leading her down towards the basement, her eyes following the photo frames pinned on the wall. Multiple photos of the trio of brothers wrestling, playing, during birthdays, Christmases, Easters and so on. Although one photo frame, in particular, catches her eye as she enters his bedroom, resting on his bedside table.

''Oh my god, you didn't tell me you kept this''

The photo depicts the two with Lucas, laughing his head off while Riley, who's wearing his oversized hoodie, with one arm, slung over his collarbone, covering her red cheeks by burying her face in his neck.