Love Letter #1

Israel Pints

"Why do I always have this feeling of being stalked? Like every move I make is being watched over and I'm just freaking out

"Why do I always have this feeling of being stalked? Like every move I make is being watched over and I'm just freaking out." Artina nibbled on her lip and she opened her locker.

She had her books pressed against her plump chest, rolling her eyes as she tried to shake off her sudden rush of paranoia. Her eyes scanned the school hallway, eyeing each person her orbs landed upon.

"Girl you trippin' trippin'. Let's go to class before we're late again." Her friend Mauna laughed as she adjusted her backpack.

"Nah, I'm forreal. Watch me get snatched up later because you wanna ignore this." She reached in her locker to get her math textbook.

A note fell out and landed on the ground. Her eyes gleamed as she picked it up— she was ecstatic to receive another letter. Using her free hand to open the paper, her cheeks began to tingle as she read the words.

Dear Artina #22,

Nice set of lips that curl into a braced grin when you make a corny joke.
Your smile is beautiful, yet a threat to my heart.
I notice,
contemplations, heart complications...
I'm weak for you.
That radiant, crooked smile makes me weak for you.
SWV, knees and all.
Ha, I do recall,
me being weak for you.

Artina giggled at the adorable joke in the letter, soon covering her mouth as she realized that corniness and bad jokes are what make her happy. Mauna nudged her shoulder as she caught her friend severely blushing.

She couldn't get enough of these letters. They always seemed to make her days.

"Hey baby." Brandon walked up to Artina giving a peck on her cheek.

Artina looked up at him and gave him a soft embrace, "Hi babe. Thank you for this letter. Always know how to make me smile, huh?"

Brandon rolled his eyes without her looking, soon going along with the act, "Already know," he chuckled.

"Alright y'all, we really should be heading to class. Ain't trying to hear Yoder's loud ass mouth." Mauna shimmed her way down the hall as Artina held Brandon's hand.

He sat in the back of the class waiting for her to walk in. His heart always raced in and without her presence. Artina's sweet aurora gave him electrifying chills.

She waltzed in the room.

Captivation.

His eyes looked at her outfit-- pink. A soft pink knitted dress was her go to outfit once a week with all white Vans.

Israel licked his lips as she took a seat next to him. Her back faced him and continued to converse with her friends and boyfriend. He quickly looked away to avoid drama.