Love Letter #2

Artina Mercer

Artina took off her name tag and clocked out

Artina took off her name tag and clocked out. She thought about what happened earlier and couldn't help but grin.

Adorable, she walked out the store and sauntered to her car. Putting her purse in the passenger seat and key in the ignition, she started her vehicle and turned on the radio. She was excited to finally hang out with her friends after days of school and nights of working and studying.

Free time, me time is all she needed to make her body relax. Having a hand on the steering heel, she ignored her phone that was being blown up with phone calls. Her eyes were focused on the night as she made her way on the highway to get to Short Pump.

"Dude is what is wrong with you? This is the first time I've seen you worked up on going out." Clyde poured lemonade in his cup.

Israel sat on the couch, his leg bouncing as he had his lips pursed together. "I'll get a girlfriend." Clyde snickered as he tried to drink from his cup, "No, I-I'll get a girlfriend."

"This is hella random." His younger brother stood up, poking Israel's forehead, "You can't just find somebody in one night unless you're crazy enough to have a one night stand."

"I'll be crazy then." He mumbled. Looking on Snapchat, he came across Artina's story and saw a post of her saying that she's off the clock and ready to have fun tonight.

"Ooh!" Clyde snatched Israel's phone from his grip, "Ain't this Artina Mercer?"

"Yes."

"She fine as hell, man."

Israel glowered at his brother and snatched the phone back, "Nice to know."

Clyde shrugged as he heard a knock at the door. He put his cup down and went to see who it was.

"What's up, bruh?" He answered the door to see a dark skin man.

The guy smiled, "What's up, man. I'm Ricky"

"What you doin' here?" He questioned as he took a glance in the house.

"I came to take out your mom."

He inched forward to make sure he heard him correctly, "What?!"

"I said I came to take out your mom." He chuckled.

"Take out my momma," Clyde laughed, "You funny man. How old are you?"

"I'm 40." Ricky looked at him.

"The fuck, you at least 12." Clyde stood in front of him with his hands intertwined, "You gotta show me some I.D."

Ricky scoffed at him, "I ain't bring no I.D man."

"You ain't bring no- run me them pockets, how about that?" He started body searching the man with the ends of his jacket.

Israel went to go see what was taking so long, "Hey Clyde- who you?"