Love Letter #9

two weeks later

two weeks later...

Artina stared at him. She's so mesmerized by him and it made her heart skip a beat.

Her face tingled as she licked her lips when Israel presented his project in front of the class. He seemed serious-- face relaxed, lips firm in between his talks, and brown eyes gazing. Everything about him intrigued her simple mind.

When he finished, everybody applauded his work since it is the best one yet. He took his seat next to Artina and gave her a quick grin.

Artina gave him a cheeky smile as she leaned towards him to give his face a kiss, but he quickly moved away causing her to frown.

"Are you ok-"

"I'm straight." He interrupted as he took out his notebook.

She gulped, "So did you still want to go out to eat?" She muttered messing with her sweater.

Israel sighed feeling the situation getting the best of him. He blinked at the blank paper in his notebook whilst tapping the pencil against the desk.

Seeing his jaw clench, Artina touched his shoulder, "Baby?"

"Yeah we can." He replied, "How about right now?"

"School literally just started."

Israel ran his hand through his mini afro. He felt unsettled and didn't want to stay another second in this school.

He began to pack up his things and left the classroom.

His legs took long, rushed strides to get to the entrance of the building ready to jump in his car and go.

Artina picked up her scattered paper work and went to go after him while shouting his name.

"Wait!" She breathed out as she barged out the front doors.

Her chest heaved as she looked left and right to find him, only for Israel to be gone.

Adjusting her messy papers, she tried to balance her things with the help of her thigh. Feeling her eyes stinging with tears, she began to assume that she did something wrong-- probably begging him about going out to eat today.

But when that Mercedes pulled up to the curb, relief came over her.

Israel got out the car and went to open the door for Artina. She said a small thanks and got in the vehicle.