Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

Third Person

Harry led the group down a dark corridor, named the Department of Mysteries, towards a black door that had a large golden door knob on it.

"This is it." He said ominously. He had been having dreams about this place for months. Luna looked around, fascinated, whilst the rest of them huddled together expecting death eaters to jump out  at any moment.

Once they had gone into the room, the sight before them was unbelievable. Tiny glass balls that looked like the ones that they used in Divination were perched on small golden stands for as far as the eye could see. They were prophecies. Harry moved forwards, as if he was searching for someone, muttering the numbers under his breath, the others having to jog to keep up with him. The lights from their wands being refelcted off of the clear, glass balls.

"Ninety-two, Ninety-three, Ninety-four, Ninety-five..." Harry stopped suddenly, pointing his wand at the floor. The others looked at him, puzzled. "He should be here."

"Harry," Neville said worriedly. "Its got your name on it." Harry rushed quickly towards it and reached out. The others held their breath as he picked it up, and as soon as he brought it level with his eyes, it began to speak, the grey-ish mist swirling absently.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. And the Dark Lord shall mark him as his equal, but he shall have power the Dark Lord knows not. For neither can live while the other survives..." The all stared in shock at the prophecy. It had been predicted just before Harry was born.

"Harry!" Hermione called and Harry turned around to see a man wearing a mask walk towards them slowly.

"Where's Sirius?" He asked in a confident voice. He must have sounded braver than he felt, because he couldn't help but shake a little.

"You know, you really should learn to tell the differece between dreams," the man pulled his wand across his face and the mask melted away to reveal Lucius Malfoy. "And reality." They all stepped back slightly. "You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Now hand me the prophecy."

"If you do anything to us, I'll break it." Harry warned. An evil laugh was heard behind Lucius and Sirius recognised it. Bellatrix.

Sirius' POV

I heard the laugh and froze. No, please, anyone but my deranged cousin!

"He knows how to play," Bellatrix appeared beside Lucius. "Itty, bitty baby. Potter." Of course, she would notice HIM first and not her own cousin.

"Bellatrix Lestrange." Oh, so she married that stupid Lestrange boy in Slytherin. Ew.

"Neville Longbottom, is it? How's mum and dad?" She asked evilly. Neville pointed his wand at her.

"Better now they're about to be avenged!" Harry held Neville back and I walked forwards.

"Hello, cuz." Bellatrix's mouth dropped open in surprise and I laughed at the sight. I was also aware that Harry, Ron, Neville, Luna and Ginny were looking at me in confusion.

"Si...Sirius? How did you...when...you're..." Her voice was full of surprise and I could hear James sniggering.

"Sirius? Did she just say Sirius?" Harry asked me and I waved an arm to dimiss it.

"Tell you later, Harry." I turned back to my cousin. "Do you recall, back in Hogwarts, when me, James, Remus, Peter and Lily went missing back in fifth-year?" She stiffened.

"Dumbledore told everyone that you caught a virus and had gone to St Mungo's."

"Did he? He probably just made that up so that he could figure out what happened to us. We were actually sent 18 years into the future. Ha, you got old." She sneered at me.