Chapter 9

Last Chapter! :o They go back on this one! Hope you enjoy! Please comment and tell me what you thought of it! Much love!

Bex

___________________________________________________________

{RECAP:

"Drop the act Sev, please. I know you're upset over something, please tell me what is bothering you." He looked hesitant but saw the look I was giving him and gave up.

"Lily, I don't want you to hate me when I tell you." I raised an eyebrow and he finally gave up. "Fine. Lily...I love you."}

CHAPTER 9

Third Person

Lily froze on the spot.

"You...you love me?" She choked out. She couldn't believe that she didn't notice. After all of those years of knowing him she just thought that he was being a good friend. James had been right.

"Yes." Snape said awkwardly and he looked down at the floor. This was the most emotional she had seen him since her journey here. "Since I first met you, but it was always going to be Potter for you. There;s nothing I can do Lily. I have lived hiding away my emotions because I always thought that your death was my fault. I should have protected you, been more demanding with Voldemort, anything." Lily moved towards him and wrapped her arms around his middle.

"Don't blame yourself Sev, you will always be in my heart. Just because I married James, it doesn't mean I ever forgot about you." She felt him hug back then she moved away and gladly saw that he was happier.

"Thank you Lily."

"Just promise me something before I go." She asked.

"Anything Lily, anything." He promised.

"Don't be so harsh on Harry anymore. From what I've seen, he's in no way as bad as James, in fact he hates his fame. I know that James would take advantage of it but Harry hates it. Just remember that, and remember that he's MY son too. Take care of yourself Sev. You'll be in my heart 'til the end of my life. My best friend." Lily left, silent tears rolling down her face. It wasn't like her to get emotional but saying those words hurt. She knew that she didn't have long to live. She wouldn't even live for another 5 years. She quickly reached the common room and was bombarded by Hermione and Ginny as soon as she walked in, who hugged her and wiped her tears for her. Ginny had obviously been told who she was.

"I can't believe that after tomorrow we'll never see you again. It's so upsetting! You've been such a great friend to us Lils." Lily smiled greatfully at them.

"Will someone please explain why they have different names now please?" They heard an irish sounding voice, obviously from Seamus. Harry got everyone to sit down and they told the story to the other fifth year students. How they had eaten the sweets that had taken them 18 years into the future, how they had to change their names and pretend to be different people and who they really where. The whole of the common room was silent throughout the entire story but when it was over, they all jumped up eagerly and hugged the lot of them. They all spoke excitedly about how they were so glad to finally met the famous Harry Potter's parents. James, of course, loved every minute of it, but Lily was overwhellmed by the amount of people wanting to know her. She had never been so popular in her life.

"Ok everyone, I think we should all go to bed now, it's already midnight! McGonagall won't be happy if we are too tired for the feast in the morning." Lily smiled greatfully at her as the others all shuffled off, muttering that she was a party pooper, and she nodded back. Soon quiet fell through the room.