First

This was POSTED AS A GIFT FOR EXO-L'S 4TH ANNIV.

For everyone who waited for years since 2015, this is for you.

——

[June 2017]

"So what do you expect in this show?"

I crossed my legs under the table, fixing my coat as I smile widely, "It looks so fun to me." It's actually a refreshing experience, knowing this is a great show and being able to be casted would be a huge experience for me as a person and an artist, also, it would be another publicity but not like I still needed more. Being part of the YG Family is already enough, haters can suck the 'big 3 privilege' like it's the company's fault that they scouted people whose talents will be liked or well loved by the fans.

My manager chuckled when I mentioned that, "Actually, Gaeul loves the show so she was very excited when I told her the news."

The staff laughed, "We really think Gaeul-ssi would fit to be one of our brides so we decided to give it a try."

The thing is the staff have always reached out to the YG artists but they always decline because it's not their cup of tea, but it is mine. It's going to be a big deal once the public discovers that a member of the YG Family is finally joining the show, considering that I am the first one to accept their offer. YG was surprised when he heard that I did and told me that he was rooting for this new venture that I'm taking.

"This show seems so fun! I love watching the couple act like real ones, and go to places where they can have vacation and all of those." The schedules are slowly killing me and adding the new ones from this show is like a blessing in disguise: working and resting in one. And! Getting married too. I would really love to experience being married but the contracts say otherwise, also my career had just started. I don't want to risk this work for marriage.  "When do I get the scripts by the way?"

Real marriage sucks anyway.

The whole staff and even my manager stared at me weirdly as if I said something out of this world, "Why?" I asked, shifting my gaze from each and one of them.

One staff answered me with a chuckle, "There's no script, Yoon Gaeul-ssi."

My eyes widened in horror, "Eh? You're kidding me, right?"

"No, there's really no script for the entire show but we give prompts or mission cards to make sure that we can get something from the filming. Sometimes the couple suggests an event as well, surprises for example."

Heol. All of those are real? All those actions and words and everything else I watched was ad-libbed and candid? Jonghyun x Yura, Nickhun x Victoria, Taemin x Naeun, Jaerim x Soeun, and the others... those are not because of scripts. No one told them about what to say. "What—what if the casts fall in love...?"

The other girl from the staff interviewing me shrugged her shoulders, "Representatives from the company sometimes meet with the producers and state their terms and conditions. Some cases, it's up to the couple, but it's possible because few of them actually dated after the show ended."

I batted my eyelashes, trying to sink it all in. This show is no joke, I thought it was just all an act and amazing casts with amazing staff and production... wow. This is so hard to accept, what am I getting myself into? I leaned against my seat, "O-kay, I'll make sure not to be one of them." Laughing my nervousness out, I'm not easy to fall in love because of past reasons but this is something really nerve-wracking and exciting at the same time.