Chapter Three

Taehyung was worried about all this stress making his grades low but he was met with a pleasant surprise when finally receiving his final scores. He passed with flying colors! Hoseok had laughed at him and told him he was worried for nothing.

Now Taehyung was getting ready to enter both his last month of pregnancy and his fifth year of school. Taehyung was ready to have his baby, his back has been killing him since he was five months! Plus he couldn't wait to finally be able to hold his little bub in his arms. Sure he was still in college, only two more years to go, but he was going to try his hardest to make his baby's life a good life until he's finally able to get on his feet and make both of their lives something worth living.

He had contacted his parents the day he was going to an ultrasound. Hoseok had convinced him to do it. Taehyung had left his parents on bad terms, they didn't accept that he was dating Jungkook when they had found the "perfect" guy for him. They never really accepted any of Taehyung's acts of independence which only made the male rebel against them even more. So you can't even imagine the awkward silence slowly growing between the call when Taehyung told his mom the big news. He could feel the tension even if it was a phone call. He was going to hang up but heard her take a breath and ask if everything was alright. Taehyung didn't understand, he expected to be yelled at or to get unnecessary threats for Jungkook. He said a simple 'yeah' but his mom didn't buy it. Since they haven't seen each other for years, his mom decided to meet him at a cafe with his dad after his appointment.

Later that day after his appointment, Taehyung was sitting at the cafe anxiously waiting for his parents to arrive. All excitement for discovering his baby's gender had washed out of him as his anxiety rose. He didn't want to make a scene here, if it came down that of course. Both of his parents were very pushy and never took 'no' for an answer. Plus when he was a teen, he did a lot of things behind their backs that they'd eventually find out too late. For one he dated Jungkook behind their back for two years until they finally found out thanks to his sister. He had applied for a veterinary school behind their backs when they wanted him to go to law school......and well many other things.

So meeting them after allowing four years of tension grow between them was probably going to be a huge disaster.

Taehyung was just ready to get this over with (even though it hadn't started) and start buying things for his baby boy. Yes a boy! He was extremely worried about the baby being a girl — not that he didn't want a girl, he was just worried about how he was going to take care of a species he barely knew anything about. Not that taking care of a boy would be easier. He was just happy that his baby was healthy and he only had five months to go, hopefully the baby decides to pop out before his started his fifth year.

His parents arrived ten minutes after he arrived and at first, the tension seemed to thicken along with the silence. Then his mom asked where Jungkook was. And he answered that he left.

They were happy with that answer.

His mom didn't say "I told you so" or any of that, she just gave him a big smile and both of them reassured that everything was going to be alright even though he was already four months along when this happened. Everything was going alright then so he didn't really need their unnecessary reassurance but he took it in with a nod.

Later on they made him move out of Hoseok's large house, even though Hoseok put up an argument because he's a lawyer, a professional at arguing, but they weren't having any of that and made him move out anyway and into a good sized apartment. His mom didn't want their son relying on someone other than them for some reason. Taehyung wasn't mad that he had to move out of Hoseok's place, he was just mad that his parents were trying to own his life again. This is exactly the reason why he left them in the first place.

Nonetheless, Taehyung enjoyed living alone. Walking around in just his boxers and when his belly grew to a larger size, he walked around with small bowls of cereal on top of it.

Now he was nine months pregnant and school started next week. The Braxton Hicks contractions ended at eight months and he was utterly glad they did, those things were awful. But he new that they were nothing compared to what he was getting ready to go through.

He was reading through his textbooks and old notes, trying to refresh his mind with old vocab and such, when he first started to feel pain in his lower back. He discarded it and continued on without a care. After twenty minutes the pain intensified.

He looked up and stared at the wall for a bit before taking his phone out and pulling up a timer.

Another contraction hit after twenty minutes.

Soon the contractions became more frequent so he slowly got up and waddled into the kitchen to get a glass of water. That didn't help, it normally helped, but this rime it definitely did not help.

"Fuck." He mumbled, standing up from his table and walking back towards his room. He shoved his swollen feet into some Nike sandals and grabbed his car keys and put them in his pocket. He reached for his hospital bag which had clothes for himself and the baby's, who he was naming Haneul. He shoved his phone charger in the bag and sent a quick text to both his parents and Hoseok before dropping his phone in the bag and walking out.

The pain was bearable at first but as he started driving it began to get worse. Taehyung kept breathing with one hand on the wheel and another one rubbing his stomach. He mumbled cuss words in every language he knew everytime a stop light got him. Cussing makes pain bearable so they say. He could hear his phone going off every minute which meant it was Hoseok spamming him because he remembered seeing his mom message back saying that they'll be there. Hoseok was probably asking him a bunch of questions as if he would be able to answer that while having contractions which were about five or so minutes apart and driving.

Taehyung surprised himself. He thought he'd be flipping out along with Hoseok but he was actually rather calm despite the pain he was going through and this slow traffic.

Finally the hospital came into view and he grabbed his bags and put his shoes back on (yes he drives without shoes) before getting out of the car and waddling towards the entrance. He walked up to the front desk and simply said, "I think I'm in labor..."

The receptionist stared at him before nodding quickly and calling for some nurses. They walked out from behind the desk and took the bag from him before making him sit in a wheelchair. His parents walked in with his younger siblings just then and his mother decided to go back with him.

They hooked him up to all the equipment needed before telling him that it wasn't time yet. He nodded, concentrating on the beeping of machine that recorded his baby's heart rate rather than the contractions.

After around seven minutes or so, Taehyung looked at his mom who was looking at him with a worried expression.

"What is it, hon?" She asked, walking towards him.

"Get the doctor." Taehyung mumbled, clutching the sheet.

"It's time?"

He nodded as the first urge to push hit him hard.

---

Word Count: 1360

I was trying to think if a good name but I really like the name Haneul heheh