7 - date

Jahseh

Cursing under my breath, I dart through the parking lot of Broward County Public School with the mental reminder that I'm four hours late to class. If it weren't for Nora's bickering, I could have gotten here a half hour earlier.

Nonetheless, my mom will kick my ass if she finds out I'm late to my second day of school. The second I walk inside the building, my heart clenches. There's nobody in the corridor, which means my last class has started already.

"Fuck," I whisper, eyeing the numbers on the classroom doors. I've got Math in Room 18. Repeating blasphemies under my breath, I finally find the room with haste. I gaze at the students in the classroom, my anxiety kicking me in the ass. Fuck.

They're all gonna stare at me when I walk inside. There's no way I can get out of this — that's for fucking sure. Lowering my head as I enter the classroom, I can feel everybody's burning gaze on me immediately.

"Mr Onfroy, you are late," the teacher says, but I don't dare to meet her gaze.

"Sorry, miss."

With that, my eyes scan the classroom for empty chairs, wanting to kick myself when I realise the only seat left is in the front row. A few people snicker as if they were a bunch of children as I take a seat.

Oh. That's right. They are children.

Trying to ignore people's comments, I keep my head low before opening my textbook. The second the lesson ends, I run for the door without hesitation. I'm fucking done with school, especially after the whole prison thing.

Everybody seems to fucking think they know me. Teenage dudes and girls glare at me as if I had a second head as I make my way outside. They whisper inaudible shit that I can't make out, but I know they're lowkey making fun of my appearance.

They know I don't fit in here.

Grunting, I rev up the engine once I get to my mom's beaten-down car, hoping I didn't have to show up here again tomorrow. I make it onto the main road which takes me back home, my phone suddenly buzzing on the passenger seat.

Ski 🙏: vro u remember that shit u told me about psycho?

He's talking about Arya's pregnancy status. My heart begins to thump in my chest loudly, forcing me to pull over. I'm not fucking sure if I'm ready to hear the news.

me: yea, did u find out?

Ski 🙏: yea man.

I glare at the screen, sweat forming on my palms as I watch Ski type something else. I swear to fucking God time isn't passing. The ellipsis symbol under his last text dries my throat.

Ski 🙏: shes not pregnant

Ski 🙏: but i need cash from u cos my guy don't do shit for free

me: thank fucking god. how much he need?

Ski 🙏: $200

me: Ski, vro. U know my ass is broke..

me: can't afford that shit man

Ski 🙏: ik ik but hes saying if u dont pay him he

will frame u for the hack. he knows how to

Two hundred fucking dollars. Where the fuck am I gonna get cash like that?

Fuck, fuck, fuck.