Not Okay

Octavia could hardly believe her eyes as she looked at her not so little sister. The sharp edges of her short hair framed her angular face, the face that looked so much like our mothers.

The girl's heart panged painfully in her chest, nothing was ever going to be the same again. She caused it to go wrong and there was nothing she could do to change that.

The once innocent eyes gazed up at her older sister, the innocent edge replaced with something hardened. Something she developed after months of searching for her taken sister.

The youngest of the Medici siblings rocked her nephew who had since exhausted himself and fell asleep as she stared at her older sister with her head in her hands she rocked herself as she sobbed. The young girl that came with her sisters' mate was behind her, hand on her shoulder as she tried to comfort the much older girl.

Her rough voice suddenly chuckled though. "I guess they did." The rough edge to the words didn't help the girl on the ground as she got up, tears still falling and left to walk through the woods, leaving her younger sibling watching her walk away.

Octavia walked, she walked until her weary limbs failed her and she collapsed to the ground. She still had a long way to go in physical recovery, as for mental recovery, she didn't think that she would ever recover from that.

The girl needed to be alone, away from the constant stares from her pack mates, the whispered questions that she flinched away from. She didn't want anyone to know of the crimes she committed, the crimes he made her commit.

Serena eventually came out, sitting next to her older sister. The younger girl must have had better luck at passing the two children off as she didn't have people gawking at her.

"I missed a lot," Octavia's words were soft as if she was afraid to admit it herself. She had been free for 75 hours and she was still afraid.

Serena laid her cheek on her bent knees, eyes facing toward her sister. "You were taken, not your fault."

The words didn't help the girl feel any better as she shook her head. "I was cocky."

"You're an idiot," The younger girl rolled her eyes. "Papa said they were planning for months to get one of us, you just so happened to be on a run by yourself."

The two of them sit in silence, embracing the sounds of nature as they each pondered if the silence was awkward or not.

Octavia's words were softer this time. "I met my mate." She didn't know how to feel about it. When she was sitting in that freezing room, all she dreamt about was her mate, and he was here now. He was all she had ever dreamed of before, yet there was something blocking her from being happy.

Whether it was because he wasn't trying, or her torture that held them back, she didn't know.

"He's a vampire," The younger girl couldn't hide the curiosity in her voice. She had never heard of different creatures becoming mates, she's only ever heard of werewolf mates within the pack.

"I figured so." Looking at the fallen leaves, Octavia knew all the signs. She had done enough reading to know what her mate was.

The frigid, pallid skin. The sharp canines that the girl in his clan had. The stunning speed that seemed to flash before your eyes. It all pointed right to vampire, the tortured girl had no doubt that he was a vampire.

Serena's own wolf could sense her sibling's turmoil of emotions within her own wolf as she whimpered within their shared mind. "It'll be okay," She whispered the words, trying to comfort her older sibling, as she laid her hand on her leg. She wasn't expecting to feel the scars littering the once smooth skin.

The raised skin scared the mere 14-year-old girl.

"I don't feel like I'm going to be okay," The older sibling didn't feel her sisters fear, with her retreated wolf everything was dulled with the beast gone. Chuckling, she wiped the snot from under her nose.

"Mom won't stop crying and worrying, our brothers act like everything is fine now that I'm back, and my own mate can't seem to stand being in the same room as me." And I don't know which of those hurt the most, she added within the confines of her head, unable to hear her wolfs whines.

"You have your wolf though," Serena was grasping for straws. She was planning on being rude to her sister for getting herself kidnapped and then just showing back up. She didn't except for her sister to not be her sister anymore though.

This girl sniveling on the ground is not her sister that got taken that night.

The older girl almost forgot that the girl she was confiding in was her baby sister, she pressed her forehead against her knees, unable to staunch the flow of tears that fell as they were alone in the forest.

"It doesn't feel like it," She couldn't express to her sister how it felt like her wolf in her was dead, shoved to the depths of her conscious as she tried to recover herself from the abuse they were put through.

Serena shakily placed her hand on her older sisters' shoulder, the skin flinching away from the warm hand. "It'll be okay." She whispered as she rose to her feet. They stayed in the questionable awkward silence for a few more minutes before the young girl felt consumed by the awkwardness, not knowing what else to do, she turned and fled.

And Octavia let herself weep in the silence of the forest, not too far from the spot that got herself in this mess, to begin with.

Because she knew one thing for sure.

It wouldn't be okay.