CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN|Confusing Trees

CHAPTER SEVEN|
Confusing Trees

It had been a week since Bella has been introduced to the family. Unsurprisingly, Edward had been spending most of his time with the human, then would tell Anastasia about his progress with Bella when they would go hunting.

The blonde was very picky with the animals she would choose, but Edward and Roman were the only patient ones when it came to hunting with Anastasia. The animals had to be older and larger, the larger the animals the longer she could last without eating another.

During the week, Edward was in such a great mood, he went out and bought a puppy for the blonde woman. The family had never seen the woman happier when Edward came home with the chocolate lab. Anastasia was bouncing off the walls, and was almost upset when the puppy got tired of playing and had to sleep for the night. The last time Anastasia was that happy was when she first got married to Roman, but Carlisle was the only one to see that.

The following saturday Anastasia was in her shared room with Roman, and the puppy they named Daisy. The woman was not her usual bubbly self that said good morning to everyone, and the plants around the house. Which almost scared the family.

Anastasia stayed in one spot the entire morning, sitting in front of the window that looked out to the forest, softly petting Daisy that was on her lap. The trees were almost confusing her, and they have never confused her in her whole life as a vampire. The plants and trees were happy yet they were on edge. Almost as if they were cautious, but she didn't know for what reason. And Edward wasn't here to tell the family, the words Anastasia could not speak.

Roman seemed to have gotten tired of his wife's quietness because he stood to wrap his arms around the woman, kissing her neck softly. "What would you like to do today, Flower?" The man hoped she would want to go outside into the garden where they usually spent there day's. The puppy seemed to have liked going to the garden with her owner, to chase the butterflies.

"It is going to storm, so we should play a game of baseball." Anastasia trails off, putting her hands on Roman's arms that were wrapped around her neck loosely. "There's a but, isn't there?" Roman asks softly.

"That is the thing. I know there is a but, as you say, yet I do not know what is wrong." Anastasia says softly, her eyes still on the swaying trees. "I will always protect you, Anastasia."

"It's not me that we have to worry about, Roman." The blonde says finally turning to the man to look him in the eyes. Roman finally sees the true fear and worry in her eyes.

• • •

"What is the matter with, Ana?" Esme asks Roman, as he puts a cigarette in his mouth. The family were in an baseball field waiting for Edward and Bella. "She's dripping in fear and worry." Jasper says walking up to the two. Anastasia was a bit far from them, watching the forest as if waiting for something or someone to run out.