Moving on

Your POV

I woke up in bed, yesterday's memories clouded by a massive hangover. It was the day after my birthday, that much I knew. I look around the room to see that Noodle was nowhere to be found. I figured she probably went down for breakfast, so I decided to hog the shower for a while.
As the warm water greeted me, a smile crept over my face. Josh was probably still incarcerated. I could walk around my neighbourhood freely knowing I'm finally safe. My smile faded when I realised there was no reason for me to stay here anymore... but that's what I wanted, right? Some independence. Away from being controlled.

I get dressed in a baggy t-shirt and tights before making my way down to the kitchen. I freeze in my tracks when I see him. Blue Boy, making tea. A wave of recollection rushed over me as I recall the events of last night. Does he remember that we... no. He couldn't have. We were both way too drunk to know what was happening. Right?

2D POV

As I turned around, I saw Y/n staring anxiously at me. "Fuck" I think. Is she thinking about what happened last night? Does she even remember?
I wave awkwardly, not wanting to be the first to speak. She giggled slightly, taking the mug of tea out of my hands.
"Peppermint?"
I nod, still slightly confused. She took a sip and let the moment linger for what seemed like minutes.
"How drunk were we all last night?"
"Wasted." I chuckled.
"I can hardly remember most of last night... do you remember anything?"
I tense up. My mind tries to find the right words, but my mouth has other plans.
"Not a fhing."

Your POV

Not a thing... I grip the mug a bit tighter. Should I tell him?
"Where are the others?"
I guess not.
"Murdoc is prolly still asleep, bu' Russ and Noods are on second shift."
"Second shift?"
He nods, "Cleaning fhe roof. Ah took first shift."
"Oh, I should probably help out..."
"No, no, i's fine. It's your birthday, relax today."
I raise my brow, "My birthday was yesterday."
"We age each day, so technically..."
I shake my head smiling, "Okay, okay, I get you."

An awkward silence fills the room. He looks around nervously for something. He picks up a set of keys. "Ah need ta' go run errands today, you still go' my numba, right?"
I nod.
"Gud." He quickly rushes by me.

"Well then" I think, sighing a sigh of relief now that the awkwardness was over. "I guess it's time I go chat with Murdoc".
I make my way to his room, an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I'm going to have to tell him I can't stay here any longer. I had no reason to. I knock on his door, hearing a few grunts of dismissal. I ignore him, opening the door and walking inside. Thankfully, he was fully clothed.
"Murdoc?"
He sighed tiredly, holding his head.
"Yep?"
I roll my eyes, "Aren't you used to hangovers yet?"
He chuckled slightly. "Y/n, always a delight." he said sarcastically.
"Why are you here, love?"
I make my way over to his bed, sitting on the edge.
"I'm leaving."

Murdoc looked up at me with a confused expression.
"Josh is in jail and it's safe for me to go back home and I don't want to burden you all further and I think..."
"Stay."
I go silent. Me being the one giving him a confused look.
"For his sake."
My blood ran cold. Did he know?
"He seems happier with you here."
I guess not.
"But..."
He cut me short. "Besides, you're part of the band now. It wouldn't be the same without you here. And if you want, I have an offer. Stay as our live in assistant."
I thought his words through. "Can we discuss it with everyone before I make a decision?"
He put a pillow over his head. "At dinner time, it's too early for a meeting."
"Old sod..." I murmured, getting up and making my way out.