🔥Rich🔥

A/N: Get some tissues. And thank you guys for the support. I really appreciate it. Normally with my other books I get bored super easily but with this one I actually want to write more. So thank you.

"Rich, no one's gonna make fun of your burns."

Those words were what tipped me over the edge. Hot, salty tears streamed down my cheeks before I could blink them back or even respond to what Jake had said to me.

I turned away from him, not wanting him to worry about me. Though, I guess that was thrown out the window the second I started crying.

I felt his arms wrap around me. Oh my god Jake Dillinger was hugging me.
I maneuvered in a way that would allow me to turn around and cry into his shoulder.
I know I'm going to regret this, but I am going to speak.
"I-I just," god damn it PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER RICH, "I don't want everyone to thee... P-people will thtare.. a-an-and I don't want e-everyone elthe to worry li-li-like you do.." The stuffed from crying combined with my lisp made for a whole bunch of embarrassment. Especially in front of Jake.

"Hey hey. No! I mean, of course they'll worry about you. But, that's only because they care for you, Rich. And if people stare I'll fight them for you.. only if you want me to." He said in a gentle voice, rubbing shapes into my back.

"F-fuck I'm tho pathetic.." I sniffled with a sad smile up at Jake.

"No.. Goranski, it's okay to cry. You're only human. I could never fault you for that." He replied, ruffling my hair.

We stayed like that for a little while longer. Me with my face in his strong, bare shoulder. And him with his arms around my small torso. It made me feel special.

"You ready to throw off our shirts and go out there?"

"Yeah.. Yeah I am!!" I yelled excitedly.

I pulled away, pulling off my shirt and shorts. That left me in my blue acid washed trunks.

The taller of us two pulled off his tank top, leaving him in his red and white trunks.

Fuck. Am I staring? I'm totally staring.

"Wanna ride on my shoulders so I can throw you in when we get to the water?"

"HOLY FUCK YEAH I DO!!"

Jake leaned down, allowing me to slip my legs over his broad shoulders. My thighs rested comfortably on top of him.

He stood up.

"Tho thith ith what it'th like to be tall.." I murmured, much to the delight of the tallass beneath me.

"Yeah... it's nice huh?" That was the only thing he said before he started running across the hot grains of sand.

I wrapped my arms around his head and my legs around his chest. I was holding on for dear life.

Once we got deep enough he took me off his shoulders and into his arms.

"Hold your nose."

He gave me approximately two seconds to do so before he threw me through the air and into the cool water.

Needless to say, it scared the shit out of me.

I swam up, treading water as I laughed in delight.

Jake was laughing too. His head dipped below the water for a second before he came back up, shaking the excess water out of his hair like a dog.

Fuck, why does he look so good like this?

We took our time swimming to the deck where everyone else was.

It wasn't attached to the side of the land. More to the ground under water.

We climbed up the latter, only to be met with everyone's worried and exited shouts.

"Where were you guys?!" Jenna asked, hands on her hips.
"We waited for you guys so we could all jump off together!!" Michael shouted, arms in the air.
"Did you two kiss!?" Christine yelled energetically.

"No we didn't. Rich just needed a moment, so I stayed with him." Jake explained calmly. I'm so glad he was here. I don't know what I would've said if I had been forced to say something

I nodded in agreement.

Luckily for us, no one seemed to question our tardiness any further.

Everyone joined hands, calling us over to jump off the dock all together.

Feeling a wave (hehehehe water lol) of courage wash over me as I grabbed Jake's hand and lead him over. I grabbing Jeremy's hand since he was on the end.

"THREE... TWO... FUCK IT!!" Chloe screamed as everyone jumped, being submerged into the cold water.

••••••••••••••••
Word count: 773

That chapter wasn't as sad I hope. The gang is all together and happy!!

For now.

(I got the pic after I wrote the chapter. I thought it was fitting.)

But that's besides the point.
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I also hope you all have a lovely day/night/evening/morning

Edge:Out