12.7. Mesut Özil

"Just let me love you."
~
After 2 years of being together, Zara had just broken up with her boyfriend who had been treating her badly from the start.

Although she didn't know what was coming next, she felt confident because she was sure that soon other boys would come around and she still hoped that someday she might met the right one.

To celebrate finally being free again, Zara had called up her best friend, Mesut, and the two of them had decided to meet in a club not too far away from his apartment.

As Zara arrived, Mesut was sitting at a table and started waving at her enthusiastically before greeting her with a hug and gesturing for her to sit down across from him where her favourite drink was already waiting.

"I told you he was an idiot from the start," Mesut said, referring to Zara's now ex-boyfriend and causing his best friend to roll her eyes.

"Of course, I should have listened to you."

Even though she tried to sound sarcastic, Zara knew as much as Mesut that he was right and she couldn't help, but sigh as she remembered all the times he had warned her to stay away from him or told her to leave him.

"Let's not talk about that anymore," She said after a while of silence and glanced around the club, "There a lot of other men in this world."

Mesut chuckled slightly at her words, while running a hand through his dark hair. "You're looking for love."

"If you want to say so, yes. Anyway, I'm going to check out the dance floor. Are you coming along?"

With amusement clearly visible on his face, Mesut watched how his best friend started dancing. He was just about to follow her, when a girl came up to him and immediately clinged to his arm.

"Hey there," She stated with a flirty voice, repeatedly batting her eyelashes as she looked at the footballer in front of her.

Normally, he would have stayed to chat with her for a while since he didn't have anything better to do, but tonight he didn't, tonight he had a goal in mind.

Without replying, he left the girl alone and walked straight towards Zara before tapping her on the shoulder.

She quickly turned around, surprise visible on her face as she saw her best friend standing in front of her on the dance floor.

For some moments, the both of them just looked each other with neither saying anything, until Mesut leaned forward and did what he had wanted to do for such a long time; he kissed her.

Although she was shocked to say the least, Zara kissed back and even wrapped her arms around his neck to deepen the kiss.

Neither of them wanted this moment to end, but eventually, they breathlessly broke apart with their arms still around each other.

Mesut nodded towards the exit and she didn't even have to think twice as she followed him out of the club and towards his apartment.

Even though everything had happened so unexpectedly and quickly, Zara felt better than she ever had before and a huge smile had formed on her lips.

As soon as they arrived at their destination, he pulled her closer to him and closed the remaining distance between the two of them by placing his lips on top of hers.

Everything about this moment felt absolutely perfect and there was nothing either of them would have wanted to change.

"You're the best," Zara breathed out after they broke apart for a few moments and Mesut pulled her towards the couch, his arms tightly wrapped around her as her head was laying on his chest.

He smirked slightly and leaned back, feeling completely at ease because he finally had her with him.

"What does all of this mean?" Zara suddenly asked, causing him to shrug his shoulders, while she looked up into his warm eyes.

"I don't know, Zara," He replied honestly and leaned down again, so that their lips were only millimetres apart, "Just let me love you."

{Inspired by the song 'Let me love you' from Ariana Grande}

Happy Birthday to @chabless 🎉
I wish you all the best and really hope that you like this one shot🙈