Hawthorne

I stay the night at Dom's apartment in Hawthorne. Tony pulls up, brought a couple bottles and somethin' to smoke. It's twelve am. I tell him the whole story, filling Dom in with what happened when I confronted Stacey.

"I still can't believe this shit." I say, drinking my Ciroc with no chill.

"Why she ain't just tell you?" Tony asks.

I shrug. "I don't know. I don't care. I know now. That's all that matter."

"And the bitch popped her in the eye too?"

"Yup." I smoke some green, blow it out, pass it to Dom.

"Wanna go to the club tonight with me and Tony, find a bitch to fuck?" Dom smiles.

I shake my head. "Y'all go ahead. Go get ya dick wet. I got all I need right here." I pat the Ciroc and cranberry juice next to me.

Both of them get up and grab their jackets. "Call us if you need us." Tony says, then they leave.

I pull up Google on my phone.

Try to search up Arizona Medulo.

A few twitters pop up, couple facebooks.

Then I search up that scum nigga, Cairo Smith. Try to look for a nigga who look better than me. Cant find him.

I reverse google search Arizona, try to find her number, when I do, I call. She answers.

"Can I talk to Arizona Medulo?"

"Sorry, can't really hear you, who is this?"

I speak up. "Cal...Calvin Kennedy."

"Oh...Hey."

"Did I wake you?"

"No, I...I'm a late sleeper, early riser."

Shit, I wished I would've woken her ass up. Ruined her night. The way she ruined my whole fucking life.

"Guess you found your girl and talked to her."

"Yeah."

"How are you?"

"I was a lot better until you fucked shit up."

I hang up. No remorse.

_______________________________________________________________________

Sometime after that, I pass out. So damn drunk. A banging on the wall wakes me up. My head hurt, I'm still drunk. Still high. Fucked up.

I get up, hear a girl's voice moaning Dom's name. It sounds like Stacey. It ain't her though. Fuck Stacey.

I sit back down on the couch, grab my phone, decide to call that bitch and tell her the fuck off. She answer on the second ring.

"Yo bitch ass been sleepin' around on me?! I outta ring yo ass, but I won't cause I'm a nice ass guy. The fuck you do this for. Bitch! Baby, I ain't mean that. Wait, yes the fuck I did. Fuck you. Fuck that nigga you fucking. Fuck that. Fuck this. Fuck you."

"What?"

"Wait who is this?"

"Arizona..."

"Arizona Medulo, Arizona?"

"Yes."

"How you always end up on my line?"

"You called me...Are you okay?"

"Hell naw!"

"Look, I'm not doing too well with this either."

"So you had to ruin my life cause yoz wasn't doing good, huh? Cause yo man wasn't fuckin you and was fuckin my bitch you was mad and you took that shit out on me. You irritating as fuck! That's prolly why yo man left you, cause you irrriiiitttaattiiinnggg. Miss fucking irritating!"

She hangs up.

I hear the girl in Dom's room screamin his name louder. I fumble with my phone, try to call Arizona back.

I keep on ranting where I left off. When I finish, she don't say nothing.

"Hello?!" I say.

"Baby, are you okay?"

"Who this?"

"Stacey."

"Aw, damn."

"Baby, can you come back to your place so we can talk. I love you."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

I hang up on her. The banging on the wall stops. I hear a door squeak.

"Man, you good?" It was Dom. "Need a sheet or somethin'?"

I groan, mumble something about Arizona being irritating. He gives me a sheet. I hear his girl come out, telling him to come back to bed. I bundle up in the sheets, then they go in and close the door.

That banging starts up again.

_______________________________________________________________________

I woke up sweatin and sticky. Hung over beyond belief. I look at my phone, 10 texts from Stacey, saying we need to talk, she loves me. All that bullshit. I got 2 from Arizona. She tells me I called her last night, then she apologizes, says if there's anything I need to talk about, we can talk about it.

Dom comes out the bathroom, dressed in a Vans shirt and Bruce Lee Vans hightops.

"Think you can make it to work today?" He asks.

I shake my aching head.

He laughs. "You was yelling and carrying on and shit."

"My bad, dawg."

"You good. Had my girl freaked out though." he laughs again.

"Where is she?"

"Left before sun up. My kind of girl."

I feel nausea building in my throat. I lay back down.

"Stay here as long as you need bruh. Here, take some Tylenol." he hands me a couple pills and some water. I take it. He tells me there's food in the fridge, then he leaves for work.

My phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Calvin Kennedy."

"Who this?"

"Miss irrriiitttaatttiinngg." She laughs.

"My bad about last night. So much shit going on. I was drunk..."

"I understand."

I need to talk to her, face to face. I know she knows a lot more shit than I do.

"Can we meet somewhere?"

She agrees. Tells me where and when. Then hangs up.

I get up. My head still hurting, the room still spinning. But I need to face the facts.