Chapter 13

Tris

In the morning I am awoken, not by Tobias, but someone pounding on the door. "Tobias..." I say slighlty shaking him. He stirs and grunts. He still doesn't wake up. The pounding on the door continues."Tobias...wake up. Someone is at the door. Wake up!" His eyes flutter open and he plants a kiss on my cheek. "Four!" I snap at him. His eyes become alert at the name. I feel bad for using the name against him like a weapond. "What? Why are yo-" He is interrupted by the knocking at the door, again. "Someone's at the door." I say this time my voice calmed.

He gets out of the bed. And makes his way to the door. The pounding contiunues. "I'm coming!" he shouts. Making his way to the door I notice he doesn't have clothes on. I giggle. "Tobias," I giggle again. "You should put some clothes on." I tell him trying not to bust laughing. He redens and dives to the floor looking for his clothes. When he finally has a shirt and sweats on, he tosses my my clothes. He steps out of the bedroom and makes his way towards the door. I hear the door unlock and Tobias talking. I can't make out what they're saying. Their voice is raspy and dry. But distinctly male. It takes me a while to figure out who it belongs to. When I'm finally done dressing myself, I figured out who it belonged to.

Tobias

When I finally have clothes on, I smooth down my hair before I open the door. To my suprise, it was Peter.

"Can I help you?" I ask slightly annoyed that I was awoken by him.

He steps inside without being acknowledge.

"What do you want." The annoyance clear in my voice.

"I want the memory serum." he says flatly. No emotion in his voice. His eyes are puffy and red. His cheeks are spotchy and his chest rises and falls quickly. Was he...crying. Peter crying. Ha. It's pretty hard trying to hold back a laughing fit.

"Why?" I ask.

"That's none of your concern." he says. "Now if you could save our time, you can just hand it over and I'll be on my way."

"No." I say, Anger starting to appear in my voice.

"If you won't tell me what you plan on sound with it, I won't." I say.

"Fine." he puffs out he mutters something I didn't hear. "Speak louder." I say in instructor mode. "I want to loose my memory Okay?" he shouts. I take in the words he just said. "Why?" I ask. "Why do you want to, that's not a good enough reason for me to give it to you." I say, in the same tone. "Because," he says. He lowers his voice. It's bearly audible. "I'm a coward." he states plain and simple. No extravagant lie. "What I did to Tris and Edward was unforgivable. I'm pretty sure she still hates me and I'm in no doubt Edward always did." he continues. "I'm a horrible person." His lower lip begins to quivel. I can tell when people are lying.

I don't think he is.

"And you don't think that losing your memory is an act of cowardness. Taking the easy way out, instead of working on yourself to become better." I ask him. He just shakes his head. "Yeah. I do. But we all know that there will always be a part of me that comes back." he says. I nod my head and walk into my bedroom.

Tris sits on the bed. Tying her shoes. "Who was at the door?" he asks. Erudite I think to myself. "Peter," I say looking through a secret comparntment on the headboard of the bed. Even though I can't see her I know she is tensed up. My fingers find the vial and I close the comparntment back up. "Don't worry," I say "He wants memory serum." I say walking over to her side of the bed. I offer her my hand and she takes it. "For what" she asks.