[24] real life* text messages* phone call*twitter

(y/n)'s point of view.

"we will be arriving in chicago in about 20 minutes with clear skies and a temperature of 57, folks." one of the flight attendants said through the intercom.

i continued listening to the 'heartbreak is gr8' playlist on spotify and rubbed my temples. since i've been crying for the past 8 hours my head has been pounding.

so, for the first time in hours i finally closed my eyes and slept.  when i woke up from my nap i was greeted with the face of a flight attendant.

"excuse me miss? you have to leave the plane. we're just waiting for you." she said, sweetly.

i nodded. "of course. i'm sorry." i got up from my seat and grabbed my luggage. i put on my sunglasses and prayed that no one recognized me. i texted my parents.

i sat in baggage claim area for about 50 minutes, waiting for my mom to pick me up

i sat in baggage claim area for about 50 minutes, waiting for my mom to pick me up. i sigh when i hear my phone vibrate.

i grabbed all my things and walked out of the airport

i grabbed all my things and walked out of the airport. i walk to to my mom's car and put all my stuff in the trunk. i closed the trunk and saw my mom walk around the car to come face to face with me.

"hi sweetie." she said with a tight smile.

"hi, mom." i said with a shaky voice. i walked up and hugged her. i started crying into her shoulder again.

"shhh, shh, it's going to be okay, (y/n). it's going to be fine. you're going to be happy again." she soothed me. we got back in the car and drove to my childhood home.

the car ride was silent. my mother dared not speak of tom and what happened. when we arrived back at the house. i got out of the car and grabbed my luggage out of the trunk.

"sweetie, i got it. just go inside and get some rest." she said, taking my suitcase away from me. i knew there was no point in protesting seeing as how it was my mom.

i turned and walked inside my parents house. once i'm inside i see my dad standing in the doorway.

i walked up to him and hugged him tightly.

"dad?" i asked.

"yes?" he asked in return.

"why do guys suck?" i asked, my voice wavering.

he chuckled. "not all guys suck. you just need to find the right one. one that won't cheat on you. one that will love you no matter what. maybe you should stop falling for british guys. they drink too much tea for you, bunny." he laughed out.

i kind of laughed too. but that was the truth. i always fell for a brit and then they'd break my heart. i broke apart from my hug with my dad and went up to my old room.

of course my parents are THOSE parents that don't take down their children's rooms when they leave. when i walk in, i see all the pictures of me and paige when we were teenagers. i walk up to my mirror and see a strip of pictures that paige and i got from a photo booth when we were about 14 or 15.

i take the photos in my hands and start tearing the picture. tears streaming down my face. i leave the tiny pieces on my floor as i change from my old clothes and look at my body in the mirror.

the red hickey on my neck from my night with tom a few days ago. i still had bruises on my hips from him as well. i decided that i should probably go to sleep but i got a call from an unknown number.

"hello?" i ask into the phone

"hi! is this (y/n) (y/l)?" the person asked.

"yes? who is this?" i asked them.

"oh! my apologies, i'm sarah adams and i'm in charge of inviting people to the met gala. i was wondering if you'd like to go." she asked sweetly.

i thought for a moment. i could really use a party. a time to forget all the stuff that's happened recently.

"okay! do i have a plus one?" i asked her.

i heard typing on the other end. "hold on, ms (y/l). i'm checking that for you." there was a long pause.

"yes you do ms (y/l). if you're going to use the plus one, we're going to know as soon as possible." sarah said.

"okay! i will! thank you so much, sarah." i say, smiling.

"no problem, ms (y/l). have a great day." sarah said.

then she hung up. i quickly took to twitter letting my fans know that i was going to the most glamorous event of the year.

—so i have my own lil account there so whenever you see haileyprice02 that's me on social media putting my input on the situation

so i have my own lil account there so whenever you see haileyprice02 that's me on social media putting my input on the situation.

-hailey :)