XIV. TomXReader. New colors

"Is this what friendship feels like?"

  Summarized- Tom and reader meet online in one of the most unexpected of ways and eventually meet again, face to face.

-your pov-

It happened it actually happened. Finally after a few months of chatting online you were meeting in person.

The original plan was for you to fly out for a weekend since you still had work. But the flight fell through and had gotten cancelled. You were disappointed sitting in an airport alone knowing this would be your only chance. Luckily for you the man you were trying so desperately to see wouldn't give up so easily.

 Toms pov- first meeting a few months ago.

As usual I happened to find myself scrolling on Instagram. I haven't posted for a year and quite honestly I'm not the social media type. But from time to time I venture out into the online world to see the happenings.

Occasionally I scroll through the way too numerous notifications I get on such an app. And hardly ever really give them a second glance. But one of them actually caught my eye. It was a tag in a photo and maybe the username stood out to me but I found myself clicking it for further investigation.

She was laughing and smiling widely holding a small cat in her lap with a bit of whipped cream on the tip of her nose. That appeared to come from the milkshake on the table in front of them. She was unapologetically beautiful. Sitting there in her yellow top and high waisted light blue jeans. Sunglasses were sitting atop her head and were tinted yellow as well. The black cat in her lap however seemed to be dressed as a popular character and a part of me from some movies I've done in the marvel franchise.

It was an adorable tribute but I could hardly focus on the main point if the photo. My eyes kept traveling back up to her smile and laugh. Her head was tilted back and a bit to the side. She wasn't looking at the camera at all but instead off in the distance at something or someone. Before the photo someone must have made her laugh because it looked to natural and genuine. After I studied her silent grace I scrolled to look at the caption.

-username: I think @Tom hiddleston would be proud of this little Lokitty.

I smiled at the pun and the joy the caption and the picture brought me. There was no way she could have possibly known I would see this so she just did it for her own personal enjoyment. I couldn't help myself from commenting on the picture but the struggle was thinking of something clever.

I just don't know how to tesseREACT.
No too corny.

Love it!

Not genuine enough.

Your smile makes it all the more worth it.
God I'm awful.

I didn't want to be bland I wanted to show how excited I was and how much I loved the photo. Without creeping the hell out of her in the process.

More pictures please and thank you!

That had to be good enough, because for right now it's the best I've got.

Before long I found myself away from my phone to run lines and work. It wasn't before late did I have the time to check my notifications one last time before bed.