|| part #3||

|- meili pov -|

I stood in silence, rolling the ice cold pendant in my hands, waiting for the guy to come. Would he come? He had to. I sighed as I entered the kitchen and slipped the pendant in my pocket. It was 5:36 PM and I had been waiting to give him the pendant. That is, if he would come. I knew that I should be more patient, but I really had trouble doing so. Taking a deep breath, I glanced in the kitchen door's window. To my surprise, the guy was here, his dark hair an utter mess and his grey sweatshirt kissing falling slightly above his knees. I left the kitchen, grabbed a menu, and rushed to where he was sitting, practically falling in the process.

"Um, hello, and welcome to Café Tart," I said, handing him a menu. I glanced at his face, covered with red and blue yet again. "I'll be back for your order."

I left him to decided what to order, the slight weight of the pendant feeling as heavy as a slab of concrete in my pocket. After I took the order of two small families, I headed to his table, but not before stuffing a couple of napkins into my pocket.

"I'll get a hot chocolate," he said, closing his menu. Why did he need a menu if he was going to order the same thing everyday?

"Okay," I said. "Um, I had a question for you."

He nodded.

"Is this yours?" I asked, holding up the delicate pendant. His eyes slowly widened.

"Yes," he said, barely audible. "It is."

"How do I know you're not lying?" I asked, making sure he was telling the truth.

"I'm not," he said. "Can't you just believe me?"

I wasn't sure if I could trust him entirely, but it seemed like I could. I placed a stack of napkins on table, the pendant on top. For the first time since he had come, he smiled at me. It was a small smile, nothing more, but even with the bruises and blood covering his face, he was beautiful.

I smiled back at him before re-entering the kitchen to place the orders on the clips.

By the time the guy left, it was 5:58. I sighed as I cleaned his table, carrying the now empty mug and stained napkins. I entered the kitchen, my hands filled with dirty dishes, the residue of a variety of food stuck on it. I placed the dishes down in the sink, expecting Nari to be there, washing them, but instead, someone else was.

"Where's Nari?" I asked.

"Oh, she quit," the guy replied curtly.

I raised my eyebrows. "What do you mean 'she quit?'"

"I mean she quit this job," he said, looking at me. "She resigned."

I was shocked. Nari was the only 'friend' I had here. Sure, Chul was nice, but Nari and I got along. I had to get used to this. I took in a deep breath and continued with my work. I was cleaning off a table when Yong came out of her office and handed us our money. Excited, I opened the thick, cream envelope.

210,000 won for the whole week. That wasn't bad, I just had to be careful on how I spent my money. I thanked her and checked the time. 10:06 PM. 

I grabbed my bag and headed to the bus stop. I asked the driver to take me to the university. Upon reaching, my phone began to ring. I smiled when I saw who it was - my best friend, Minjun.

I accepted the call as I walked into my dormitory.

"Hi Minjun," I said, setting my bag down.

"Meili!" He replied, overjoyed. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too," I said. "Why don't you call me more often?"

"Why don't you call me more often?" He said sarcastically. I laughed. "Anyway, how's Korea?"

"Good." I replied. "Same old. How's America?"

"It's good," he said. "Different from Korea."

"I'm sure," I replied. "How's the weather? Here it's freezing; even in November!"

"Same," he groaned. "It depends on where you are, but New York is very cold."

"I bet. What time is it over there?"

"Nine in the morning," he replied. "I figured I'd call you; we had a snow day at college."

"Oh, really?" I asked. "Lucky."

He chuckled. "Yeah. But, I have to go soon, I asked for help from my teacher."

"For what?" I asked. "You're the best student!"

"Yeah, but not in English."

"Well, I'm sure you will get better," I said.

Minjun smiled at me. "Why did you do that?"

"What?"

"You know exactly what," he replied. I pretended to act innocent. He rolled his eyes. "You spoke in English. You know I can't understand you."

"I know, I know," I laughed. "But I thought that you would have learned that much. After all, you have been in America for a year and half now."

"You're not wrong," he replied. I saw him glance at something in the room. "Oh, crap. Meili, I have to go, I'm getting late."

I sighed. "Okay, we'll talk later."

He smiled. "Sure."

I ended the call. Minjun and I had been best friends ever since the fourth grade. He was the only real friend I had, but it was hard to talk to him when he was across the world and there was a thirteen hour time zone gap. How I missed him.

I headed to my fridge and took out a sandwich from yesterday. Tomorrow I had to go grocery shopping for a bit more food. I warmed up the sandwich, opened my laptop, and began to work on my assignment as I ate, the warm filling of the sandwich melting into my mouth. Once I was done with my assignment, I took out my money once again. 210,000 won. I started to make a list to determine what I could buy.

- Granola bars
- Fruit 

So, the equivalent of about 7,000 won. 

The rest of the money was for saving and paying the cost of college, an apartment, food,  and a lot more.

Hoping for more friends (and money),

meili

----------------------------------------------------------------

Who is your BTS bias?

a) Namjoon

b) Seokjin

c) Yoongi

d) Hobi

e) Jimin

f) Taehyung

g) Jungkook

Taehyung. That should be enough of an explanation.