|| part #8 ||

|- meili pov -|

"Bye, Meili," Soomi smiled at me as she packed up to leave.

"See you tomorrow, Soomi," I said, exiting the stuffy lecture hall. The grey sky was filled with clouds, a soft breeze passing by. I walked over to the bus stop, pulling out my phone. I got on the bus as it arrived, heading to Café Tart. I plugged in my headphones and sat down, staring outside the window, watching the shapes of the outside world blur by. After what felt like an hour, I reached the café.

I entered, just to see a familiar short haired girl staring back at me.

"Nari?" I asked, puzzled. "You're back."

"Don't act so shocked, dumbhead," she said, smiling.

"But I thought you left."

"Who told you that?" She asked.

"I dunno," I said. "Some guy."

"Do you mean Dong-Min?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

"Oh, I am going to kill him," she said. "He probably thought that it'd be a nice joke to pull."

Still confused, I set my bag down.

"Dong-Min!" She called.

Within a minute or so, the same guy that had told me that Nari had left had appeared.

"Meili, meet Dong-Min," she said, intertwining her hand with his. "My boyfriend."

Boyfriend?

I thought she had just broken up with her boyfriend!

Who moves on that fast?

I forced a smile. "Nice to meet you, Dong-Min."

"Same here," he said, a mischievous smile plastered on his face.

"Um, I have to go work now," I said awkwardly.

"Uh, okay," Dong-Min said.

I quickly walked to the bathroom and changed my clothes, heading outside to the café itself.

"Hello, and welcome to Café Tart," I said, handing a young man a menu. "I'll be back to take your order."

He smiled as I moved on to a familiar looking dark haired man.

"Hey," I said, softly, setting a menu down in front of him. "Welcome to Café Tart?" I said, unsure if I should say that or not as he had been here so many times.

Taehyung looked at me, an eyebrow raised. "You don't have to say that. We're friends now."

"Uh, not really," I said.

"I disagree," he replied, picking at a scab on his arm. His face looked the same as it had the previous day.

"Um, I'll be back to take your order," I said.

"No, thanks," he replied.

I raised my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"I already know what I want," he said.

"Okay," I said, taking out my notepad. "What would you like?"

"Hot chocolate," he replied.

"Okay," I said again. "It'll be up."

I walked into the kitchen and placed the order on a clip.

Sighing, I headed back out and took a few more orders.