|| part #12 ||

|- meili pov -|

What're you doing later today? 

I typed my response back to Taehyung as the rush of wind swept through my hair. 

Me: Nothing, I just got off of work. 

Taehyung: Gr8! Wanna hang out in the city in an couple of hours?   

Me: Okay? 

Taehyung: Meet me on 31st street at 6

Me: OK, see ya then

I shoved my phone into my back pocket before hopping on a bus toward my dorm. 

I reached in my bag and grabbed the book that I had gotten from the library a few days ago. 

Around ten minutes later, I had reached the dormitory.

Slipping the key into the lock, I entered the dorm, the sound of running water and the steady hum of the space heater greeting me once again.  

"I'm back, Areum," I called into the room as I closed the door.

The water stopped as I threw my bag onto my bed and flopped down next to it.

The bathroom door clicked open and Areum came out, wiping her hands on her pants.

"Why so early?" She asked, an eyebrow raised.

"The manager gave us the rest of the day off," I replied, taking my phone out.

She nodded. "Any plans?"

I smirked. "Kim Taehyung asked me to hang out with him."

"Ooh, someone has a crush on you!" 

I blinked twice. "Please, shut up." 

She scoffed. "Whatever. What're you gonna wear?"

"Anything clean," I replied, scrolling through YouTube for something interesting. 

Sighing, Areum sat down next to me. "You know, Kim Taehyung isn't a bad person. Plus, he's kinda handsome."

I looked up from my phone. "Why don't you date him then?"

She examined her nails. "I'm not interested in dating right now." 

I shook my head. "I'm gonna go take a shower."

I got up from the bed and  walked into the bathroom, turning on the shower, the steam beginning to build up. 

I took out a pair of jeans, a plain white tee, and an oversized grey hoodie and entered the shower, exiting as soon as I was clean. 

I slipped on my clothes and put my hair in a high ponytail before walking out of the bathroom. 

Areum was still sitting on my bed. I checked the time. 

5:30 pm. 

I grabbed my bag and took out my grey Chromebook and school textbooks, which I had put into my bag in the morning, and left them on my bed.  

"Areum, I'm gonna get going," I said, zipping up my bag. 

She nodded. "Have fun."

 I grabbed my jacket and put it on, swung my bag over my shoulder, and placed my phone in my back pocket before leaving the dorm room. 

I walked out into the winter evening, the cold wind freezing my every bone. 

The bus arrived. I got on and paid the bus driver.