Chapter 22

I heard crying and I instantly recognized the sound from who it was coming from. I was awake in a second because I couldn't sleep when my girl was upset. I turned around to see her lay beside me, facing away from me. She wasn't awake though. She was crying in her sleep. Should I wake her up or just comfort her as she's in her sleep? I tried moving closer to her, spooning her and taking my arm around her. The sobbing didn't stop. I had to wake her up even though I knew she needed to sleep as much as possible because of her anxiety. What even was the time? I looked over at my alarm clock. 7:35 am. That's enough sleep she's gotten if she hasn't been awake. I gently shook her and moved her so I could see her beautiful face. 

"Baby? Wake up, sweetie..." I tried quietly. 

That didn't have much effect, she was still crying. I kissed her forehead sweetly and caressed her hair, moving it behind her ears. I tried calming her down while still calling her name and shaking her gently. It was hard seeing her sad and the fact that she didn't wake up made me upset too. 

"Hannah, please wake up. Why are you crying? What are you dreaming?" I started asking. 

"Josh..." Hannah said.

"Yeah? I'm right here, baby..." I held her close. 

"Oh, Josh..." She said.

"You're awake, nothing can hurt you. I'm here now," I told her. 

She looked into my eyes and I saw her tears. I lifted her up so we could sit instead, having her sitting on my lap probably felt better than laying down next to me, a long lanky guy. Hannah cried into my shoulder for about a minute after she woke up and I just let her. 

"What were you crying for, Hannah?" I asked when she stopped crying. 

"I saw you covered in cuts..." She said.

"Why? Why were you dreaming about that?" I said.

"I dunno. You said you hated yourself, you screamed it actually and you couldn't hear me. I tried calming you down but you couldn't see I was there. I tried hugging you but it was like I wasn't there. It was horrible," She said. 

"Awww, baby... I'm sorry. It was just a bad dream though," I told her. 

"I know... I guess I'm just a bit anxious about you leaving today," Hannah said. 

"Don't be, please. I'm gonna miss you too much and it will hurt me if you're anxious. I want you to go home and watch a movie with your mom and Phillip once I've driven to the rehabilitation center, okay?" I said.

"Okay," She bit her lip, holding back a sob. 

"Let's get up and try to get something to eat. I don't know what we got in the kitchen but let's go up to look, come..." I said and got up. 

"Josh, I'll be up there in a second. I just need to find something to wear," Hannah said and looked down at herself. 

She was only wearing the two things I put on her last night, which were her panties and one of my t-shirts. She looked good but I guess she just wanted to be dressed properly.  I threw her my smallest possible sweatpants and a clean t-shirt. I smiled at her and went upstairs after I put on some clothes too. I went with some jeans and an old long sleeve. It was weird because I hadn't been wearing long sleeves since I still was cutting. Hannah had made me forget about all that bad stuff and I hadn't hurt myself since we got together. I was so thankful for having her. 
In the kitchen, I found some bread and a couple of eggs. I made scrambled eggs and warmed the bread in the toaster because I didn't bother waiting for the oven. I know I'm lazy! I made the table just in time for Hannah walked up the stairs. She smiled when she saw me and I still didn't understand why she would like me but that was what she always kept telling me, she loved me.