3. Love is Love

I heard a new voice along with Jack's.

"He's pretty cute." The voice said. It held a slight british accent.

"Yeah, I guess but you're mine." Jack's laugh echoed in the room.

They're giggles filled my head.

"So, who are you roomed with this year?" Jack asked.

"Winter." I could hear the happiness in her voice

"How was her summer?"

"The same she went to my flat my mum because she couldn't stand the foster home another summer."

"Oh." Jack said.

"Yeah, How's this shirt?" The voice said along with the noise of clothes hangers moving around. "Cute."

"What the hell?" I murmured.

"It speaks!" A girl with light brown hair said.

"Urm­" I began to say.

"This is Ford." Jack motioned to the girl.

"Hi, I'm Jack's girlfriend" She extended her hand.

I shook it.

"Carter." I replied with a sly smile.

"We're going to a party at one of the frats, wanna come?" Jack asked, looking through her closet. "I'd rather not." Last thing I needed was to get laid by some bleach blond and have her follow me around all year.

"Oh c'mon, the party'll be fun. Get off your lazy ass and meet people." Jack said.

"What frat?"

"Nate's, Jack's brother. He's got the biggest frat and those parties end up being the best, sometimes even girls from Seattle Tech come." Ford replied.

"Will there be drinking" Although I already knew the answer.

"No Carter, it's just a bunch of college students babysitting orphans and cooking with nuns while singing 'Kumbaya'." Jack pulled some black pumps from a box.

"Fine," I huffed. Getting out can't hurt and plus I want to meet people that aren't like these two.

I grabbed some black skinny jeans, black sneakers and a burgundy button up shirt. I combed my fingers through my hair and pulled a black jacket out of my closet. After I've gotten ready I waited outside for Jack with Ford. She was texting someone. Her long brown hair was slick and wavy and held volume. She wasn't as slim as Jack but she was slender. Her hazel eyes were almond shaped.

"So.. what's your major?" She asked putting her phone away.

"Literature."

"Oh cool! My best friend is a literature major as well." There was slight sadness in her eyes. "Everything okay?" I asked.

"What? Oh yeah everything's fine." Her eyes were slightly watery, she wiped them with the back of her hand and cleared her throat. "Jackie? You ready?" Her voice croaked.

"Yeah," Jack came out with a tight short black dress that was more like a second skin. Her hair up. She saw Ford, and her face fell. "Winter?"

Ford nodded.

"Come here," She opened her arms wide open and Ford's smile shaky figure captured it. Jack was whispering soothing things in Ford's ear and kissed the top of her head.

"You guys okay?" I asked.

Jack nodded.

"Do you want to stay the night?" Jack asked a crying Ford.