Chapter 9: Sacrifice

Third Person POV

It had been two weeks since the death of Sarah, but Chase couldn't stop thinking about her. 

~FLASHBACK~

"Sarah is bleeding to death!" Chase shouted. "We need to call an Ambulance!"

"We're already here!" A female paramedic said. "Where is this Sarah?"

"She's... Right... Here!" Chase said as he carried Sarah over to the paramedic on his back.

"Thank you, young sir!" The female paramedic said as she and a male paramedic carried Sarah into an ambulance.

Sarah bled to death in the ambulance and was pronounced dead at the hospital.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

"Oh, I should have saved her!" Chase yelled to himself. "Why am I so useless!"

"Um... have you forgot that were on the phone?" Daniel said over the phone. "And you're certainly not useless!"

"Oh, Sorry..." Chase said.

It was quiet for a while.

"Chase! I just got some news that the Empire Stated Building is being attacked by 'Justice Team'!"

"THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING!!!???" Chase shouted.

"Yes!" Daniel responded. "We have to go there now!"

"Coming!" Chase yelled and they ended the call.

- Three Minutes Later -

"This is not good at all!" Chase said as he arrived outside of the Empire State Building.

"Hey Chase, follow me!" Daniel said and he led Chase up 20 floors where the fighting was.

And so they joined the fight. After fighting in what felt like forever the terrorists threw some smoke grenades. Chase and Daniel were very close so they could see each other but they couldn't see anything else. Out of nowhere a bullet came flying towards Daniel but Chase jumped in front of him before he could get hit.

"CHASE!!!" Daniel yelled.

"Daniel... You need... *cough* To go on... Without me... and *cough* Kick their... butts..." Chase managed to say.

"Are you sure Chase, I can stay with you!"

"*Cough* Yes... and I'll be... Fine..." Chase said.

"Alright, but I'll be back to get you!" Daniel said.

"Ok..." Chase said.

Daniel ran out of the smoke and kept on fighting.

Things were going downhill for the NYPD when they all suddenly got a boost of energy and fought very hard. Now the terrorist were losing and Daniel spotted the leader of 'Justice Team'. He shot him in the shoulder three times which was enough to make him unconscious . Then the rest of the team was arrested and a large caravan of police cars and buses came and brought all of the terrorists to a temporary jail that they were staying in. 

Daniel DID come back for Chase and the hospital saved him in the last minute from bleeding to death.

- Two Days Later - 

Chase woke up in his hospital bed to see Ryder smiling in his face.

"RYDER!!!" Chase shouted as he hugged Ryder.

"Hello Chase!" Ryder answered.

"So... I want to know... What happened?" Chase asked.

"Well, you went unconscious after Daniel left you and they fought until they beat the terrorists. Daniel shot the leader of the group unconscious, so he's a hero now! But in a press conference he told the press that you had saved him before he did that and now, you're a hero too! Everyone in Adventure Bay already knew that you were a hero though!" Ryder explained.

A/N: Jeez, I'm using the word unconscious WAY too much!

"Thanks, Ryder, sir! But what happened to the terrorists?" Chase said.

"You're welcome, Chase! And all of the terrorists were arrested and brought to a temporary jail before they go to court. They will be moved to a safer jail after going to court though. Also, the police were able to track down the rest of 'Justice Team' and have arrested them too!" Ryder answered.

"Awesome!" Chase said.

"You should go back to bed now, Chase." Ryder said.

"Ok!" Chase said and he went back to sleep.

A/N: Again I will be going on a plane tomorrow so I won't be able to do anything on Wattpad. Thank you guys for reading and I hope you have a nice day or night! Bye! To Be Continued...