18

richie actually runs into his boyfriend, who looks just as frantic as him. the two of them share a concerned look as they scout the backyard for their friend, to no avail.

"where else could he be?" eddie asks, and he sounds defeated.

"he has to be here," richie mumbles, half to himself and half to his partner, still peering out into the see of dancing people and making out people and drinking people. "there's no way he's anywhere else. we checked everywhere. the backyard is most packed, he's got to be here."

"i see bev," eddie points out, "and el over there. he's not with el."

"el!" richie shouts, to catch her attention. she turns to them, but instead of her usual grin, her face holds a look of concern as well.

this immediately sets the boyfriends into a panic mode.

"el, come here," richie yells, but he's the one who moves towards her instead, and they meet in the middle. "stan?"

that's all he has to say, and el, face full of dread, shakes her head. "he was with me a few minutes ago. i turned around for five minutes, and he was gone. and then i saw him," she nods in bill's direction. "i've been trying to find him since."

"we've looked through the entire house," eddie breathes nervously, tapping his foot. "he's nowhere inside."

"so he still has to be out here," richie finishes, and el sighs slightly.

"wait," el says, almost screaming, half due to exceed the noise around them, and half due to a mix of surprise and excitement. "over there!"

all of their gazes turn to where she's pointing, but before they can make a move towards him, their faces drop.

simultaneously, mumbled, "fuck."

-
comment 4 another update soon