84

it takes a moment for bill to understand what's happening.

stanley is kissing him. his lips are soft. they feel so foreign, and new, but somehow they are just so familiar and feel like home. he hadn't realized how much he'd missed this.

without too long of hesitation, bill grabs onto stan's waist, holding him tight and close, not wanting to let go, not wanting the moment to slip away from them after such a long wait.

stan is soft, just as soft as he remembered. he brings one of his hands forward to hold bill's cheek, and it's so gentle that it almost might not be there, and it's so perfect and comfortable that bill feels his heart jump and his stomach drop and his whole body tingle as a reaction.

bill pulls away first. he's trying to convince himself to not get his hopes up. he's nervously peering forward, into stan's eyes, searching for any sort of explanation.

"fuck," stanley mumbles after a minute, and his eyes soften, and there's some sort of mutual, unspoken understanding between the two of them.

and so they both begin to giggle a bit, and stan falls into bill's chest, accepting a hug, laughing against his quickly beating heart, allowing the warmth to fill him head to toe as they stand there in bill's dorm room at eleven at night, soft orange light bathing their sweet smiles and adoring eyes.