Chapter 2

The faint sound of the frigid rain pattering against the solid grey pavement quietly sputtered out amongst the crowded streets of downtown Detroit, nearly drowned out by the bustling citizens, all attempting to shield themselves from the icy precipitation, complaining loudly to themselves about the poor weather conditions or how tired they were from working their average their nine-to-five jobs.

The day began relatively lax for Y/N, nothing quite interesting happening. For the past few days she had thought she had a strong lead as to where Connor was hiding, but each time she found one, they would lead her into dead ends; nothing that could ever help her accomplish her mission.

She walked slowly alongside the civilians, causally listening in on their conversations from time to time. Of course, she didn't care what they said. She couldn't. But one exchange still caught her attention.

A hoarse, somewhat monotoned yet still emotional voice that could only have belonged to an android spoke quietly, as to try not to be heard, "We have no other choice. We have to try and go back," it said softly. It's affliction held a sort of urgency that drew Y/N closer to the voices source.

It must be him... Who else would it be?

"But we can't. You know what the humans would do if they found us back there. They'd try to shut us down again. They've already taken so many of our people, we can't afford any more." Another voice spoke. This voice was feminine and sultry sounding, but held a bite to it, a quiet frustration at the other voice.

One of the voices had quickly shushed the other in an attempt to remain unnoticed, but it was too late. Y/N already had a sense of where the two were.
She began walking slowly toward the two but gradually started to jog, then sprint. She saw two heads with beanies over the top of them, one male, which was much taller than the other, a female. She yelled after the two, shoving people out of her way to try and reach them. The pair moved swiftly away from her, dodging through and around people as they ran.

"STOP!" Y/N shouted as the civilians parted out of her way to avoid being jostled around.
The male turned his head sharply as to get a glimpse of their pursuer. His face was wide with a strong jawline and captivating chocolatey eyes. His LED flickered a bright red as he turned his head back as quickly as it had looked at her.

Connor.

They ran into a narrow alley, where a tall chain link fence was stood. They nimbly hopped over it, Connor first, then the female, who, in the process of swinging over the fence, ripped open a bit of her leg, staining the metal wires with her blue blood. Y/N followed in suit, swiftly climbing the fence and swinging herself over.

Suddenly, the two stopped in their tracks. They turned around and raised their hands in the air.

Too easy...

Y/N practically ripped her gun from it's holster and pointed it them, alternating between them every couple seconds.

"Put your hands behind your heads-- SLOWLY! Cooperate or I will not hesitate to fire." She barked at the pair of deviants.

They both did as they were ordered. Y/N gingerly walked toward them, her gait slow and cautious. She began to lower her weapon, when the female android kicked it out of her hand. She tried to throw another kick, but Y/N moved out of the way, stepping toward where Connor was stood. He grabbed her arm, twisted, and threw her to the ground. She lifted herself back up and elbowed the girl sharply in the rips, knocking her into a wall. She threw a right hook at Connor, which he dodged and countered with a knee to the stomach.

Y/N was stunned for a second, clutching her stomach where her biocomponents were housed. The girl had yet to regain balance, but that was quickly resolved as she grabbed a small piece of pipe that was lying on the ground and threw it at Y/N. Y/N ducked and kicked her in the shoulder, causing blue blood to spill from a newly opened cut. Connor wrapped his arms around Y/N's neck, squeezing as hard as he could, but she stepped on his foot with her heel and twisted, throwing herself back onto the concrete, causing the two of them to land on the ground, Connor taking the brunt of the force. His arms released upon the impact and Y/N jabbed her elbow to his side. The other android grabbed her by the collar and threw her into a wall. The Thirium dripping from her nose and a cut on her forehead splattered against the wall, leaving small spotches of blue on the brick.

The two deviants each grabbed her by each of her shoulders and tried to ram her into the wall again, but Y/N turned her hips, slamming Connor's hand into the wall. She moved backwards and stumbled on her own feet. Taking advantage of this, Connor pushed her shoulder sharply to the ground and kicked her side, leaving a pool of thirium underneath her body.

Before he could move his foot away, she grabbed it limply, yanking softly on the bottom of his pantleg. He yanked his leg away from her, peering down at her weak body. She was losing blood rapidly and could barely move, if she were to continue to fight, she would die. She dazedly looked up to see the two androids running away from from her, periodically turning their heads to view her and make sure she was still laying where she was.
She smiled to herself.

Of course they're clueless, they're deviants.

She looked down at the palm of her blue blood covered hand, a small map appearing, blinking red dots displaying exactly where the two androids had gone.

They truly are gullible, aren't they?

Y/N struggled to stand back up and meandered toward the fence. She looked at the blue blood left on it and stuck her pointer and middle fingers into it. She lifted the sample into her mouth and tested it.

Android model WR400, a sex android. Goes by the name "North." Serial number: 641 790 831. Former member of Jericho

"Gotcha..." Y/N said, as her vision became distorted until she promptly lost consciousness from the lack of thirium in her system.