Day 62

Roxas P.O.V
Another morning arrived. Like usual, I got out of bed and got ready for school. Picked up my backpack and headed to school.

While walking to school, I kicked pebbles and leaves. I took a quick look at my watch. I noticed that there was plenty of time to spare.

What to do, what to do.

Soon enough, I remembered Xion.

I can't believe I forgot about Xion! I didn't get to visit her yesterday. Is there enough time right now? I took another look at my watch. The hospital is about five minutes away. There is about an hour till' class starts. I think I'll go visit Xion.

As I walked to the hospital, leaves flew through my legs as the wind blew.

When I made it to the hospital, I stopped in front of the entrance.

For a few seconds I prayed to myself. Xion, please be awake.

Slowly, I opened the door. I walked in the halls and arrived in at the counter. I talked to the people who worked behind the counter.

"Is this your first visit?" I was asked by the lady who was behind the counter.

"No," I said.

"Do you remember the way to the patient you're visiting?" she asked. 

I nodded before I said, "Of course, I'll be able to walk there myself."

"I'll be here if you happen to have any questions," she smiled. 

I nodded and quickly walked over to the room Xion was in which was nearby. I opened the door hoping I'd see Xion awake.

There, Xion was still sleeping soundly. I sighed heavily.

I grabbed a chair and placed it next to Xion's bed. Then, I began to talk.

"Xion, I hope you wake up soon. We're all waiting," I said.

I looked at Xion's peaceful face. Her eyes were shut.

"What am I even doing? Talking to the air, hoping that Xion is able to hear me," I said.

I looked at Xion's face once more. It made me think what I hoped was impossible.

Will Xion ever wake up again?

Another part of me was telling me the exact opposite.

Don't think that way! Xion will definitely wake up again. She will! I mean, there's no way she would leave us like this. She wouldn't.

"Xion, you'll wake up right? I know you will, there's no way you wouldn't," I said.

My eyes felt like it was pouring with water. I was crying. I grabbed onto Xion's hands and squeezed them tightly.

"You know Xion, when you're around I feel really happy. Filled with an enormous amount of joy. And it's only with you. I feel happy when I with Axel, Riku, and Sora but, I'm not too sure how to explain. It's a different kind of happiness. It probably sounds strange but it's really a different sort of joy. I wonder how you feel around me. Am I a good friend to you?" Roxas said.

I took a deep breath trying to calm myself from these emotions I was feeling right now.

"I'm really grateful for meeting you and everyone else. I never really had any friends before meeting you. Everyone had something againest me all the time. You know, there was one point when Seifer and his friends were actually nice to me. But as time got by, they started attacking me with ruthless words. One time, Seifer tried to get violent with me. But, someone saved me," I said.