chapter 1

^Cypress at 5 / 6 years old^

I remember so well how my parents had killed themselves when I was 5 that nobody would believe I witnessed it.

I remember that my parents had ignored me so I had to find for myself. One day, my 6th birthday,  my parents spoke to me. They told me to go to town to buy a crystal ball that could help control power. I happily did so.

As I was walking home I noticed many people running towards my house. Some yelling, " the Okinawa family house is being burned down and nobody is rescuing the victims?! " one man had said.

" we tried but they said they will go down with their house! " another said.

Tears welled up into my eyes as I squeezed through the crowd holding tight to my crystal ball. Soon enough I made it to my home and it was nearly only ashes. All happiness faded away from my eyes as I realized that they committed suicide. They never loved me did they?

I held the crystal ball closer to my chest and yelled out in pain as the crystal ball merged with my body and my eyes color changed to a brown tinted orange as I stared at the fire with no emotion. Soon enough I felt a hand on my shoulder. As I turned the man picked me up. I didn't fight at all. I had no control of my body.

We made it to a huge mansion atop a hill. He entered the house as 4 men ran up to us and gasped.

"you can't marry her she is to young! " the man with long brown hair said.

"I'm not marrying her! But she is special. She has magic and her parents committed suicide for it. She will become a great swordswomen, Shoko. " the man carrying me said.

He then brought me to a room and gently layed me down on the futon. That is when darkness consumed me.

<I'm so sry that this chapter was so short... I only got the idea for this yesterday around 4:00am bc I couldn't sleep... I was half asleep when I created this story in my mind plz forgive me... I'll try to make the next chapter longer <3 ♥>