harajuku

New children coming soon~
Since I really love the Japanese fashion styles of harajuku girls I decided to create new characters based on the fashion and culture of modern Japan. I'm still working on their story line but basically instead of a harajuku girl who plays the main character it will be a harajuku boy who's name is Kei. He is a fashion model who works as a designer as well. (I'm still working on his character so nothing here is final) He is the second main character but I'm going to be working on his perspective more than Aoi's.

There is this girl who's name is Aoi and she finds Kei very fascinating as that he can wear what he wants to express himself and isn't ashamed but rather confident. The storyline is as of now that Kei helps Aoi find her own style in Japan's fashion world, not necessarily to become a harajuku girl herself but to find her own personal style she can feel she can be confident in. The story actually sounds like this other manga I've read, Shiny Doll, but the storyline is different and the characters that I will introduce are more dynamic and not typical shoujo styled.

Kei is a very sarcastic and sassy person at heart. Growing up with a different sense of colors and style has made him a target of ridicule so he lashes out with his tongue more than he should. I always loved those male characters who were super expressive and really deadpanned sometimes like Kyouya from Wolf Girl and Black Prince so I definitely am inspired by the way the artist made Kyouya a more in-depth character than a sadistic jerk.

Kei likes to tease a lot and that's his way of showing affection. He hates hot weather because he really likes long sleeves and he hates to sweat. He adores sweet things and pastel anything lol. He dresses that way he does because he likes feeling cute and he doesn't  care if girls like that or not. Kei is also very intelligent. As of right now I actually made him a high school dropout since he has work full time as a designer and model. His likes irony (that's probably why his personality doesn't match his exterior design lmao) He doesn't try to act cute mainly because he's 24/7 always tired. He drinks coffee but only after he dumps a cup full of sugar into it. He likes watching documentaries and mystery movies. Kei lives alone and has a girlfriend who is also a model (unfortunately who is not Aoi as of now *wink wink)

Aoi on the other hand is not a typical Japanese girl. Her mom is American while her dad is Japanese so she know English very well. She takes pride in it and loves reading American young adult novels and watching romcoms when her parents are off at work.(it's her little secret) Aoi is a very rational person who always tries to keep her head out of the clouds. She has dreams and wishes like any other girls do but she hasn't found herself quite yet at 16 years old. She doesn't really know what she's looking for, but she's content with living her life day by day- that is until she spots a certain pastel loser on the street and she couldn't get enough of his image. Now it's not like Aoi is a tomboy or anything, she just doesn't stand out in a crowd. She doesn't want to stand out she just wants to be able to feel special(lol I'm making her sound like an attention who*e)
Aoi has a strong heart and a strong mind, she just needs someone to spark something and she could go for miles. Kei in this instance is that somebody. Now Aoi really likes how Kei dresses but doesn't think she can pull it off. (Still not sure if I'm going to make her a harajuku girl in the end ahh)
Kei has a girlfriend who is a harajuku girl and Aoi finds her super cute although her personality isn't at that level.
Aoi isn't supposed to be a protagonist who draws things out for a long time or doesn't communicate because her emotions are driving her. She knows when she falls for Kei and she falls for him hard. She gets super embarrassed around him especially since she has low confidence levels but slowly he builds that up in her.

Here's s little snippet from a thing I just wrote out it's not really that great

At that moment when I first saw him, it was his hair that caught my eye, as it was so bright. I thought to myself, "it's the same shade as the sakura blossoms." I knew that he had to have dyed it but I found myself curious about this mans clothes, and the way he held himself as if he didn't have a care in the world as to who saw him. He was a pastel mess in a dull dull world. At that moment I was both paralyzed with fear that I'd never see him again and the desire to enter this colorful dream and never return.

Actually as I was writing this I was listening to DAOKO girl so rip my pastel dreams hahaha

Also plz tell me what you think so far and if I should change anything