3

Yes, I am beautiful. I'm beautiful, not a flaw.

'You were never flawed. You were born beautiful.'

The voice again. The voice that whispered to her, in the night. The voice that held her tight. The voice that made her feel safe. She smiled at the thought, as she repeated the voice's statement, "You were never flawed. You were born beautiful."

They were the exact words she wanted to hear, but there was a feeling of wrongness that pinned her down- something that said this wasn't her- but she ignored it. She ignored the voice harassing her. She just wanted to hear the honey-like voice again, the voice that told her what she wanted to hear. The words repeated in her head.

"You were never flawed. You were born beautiful," she said to herself, while looking in the mirror. Again, the strange feeling overtook her. Why didn't she feel like herself? Wasn't she supposed to be Lizzie Dudley? But she didn't feel like her.

She shook her head. No, she was Lizzie Dudley, she had a perfect life and nothing would come in her way.

She sighed as she washed her face. She scrubbed and scrubbed, trying to get rid of something, but she didn't know what. Why? Why was she doing this?

She looked into the mirror, there was a small crack in her face, revealing a hideous beast, that laid inside her...