Chapter 10: The Truth

Roni's POV

"RONI COME QUICK AARONS  IN UR ROOM" Nessa said on the phone

"WHAT?!" I asked

"HES GOING THROUGH YOUR STUFF!!!" Nessa said

"Nessa listen to me. Whatever happens DO NOT LET HIM FIND THE MEMORY BOX. I'm on my way. I'll be there in 10" I said

"Okay" Nessa said

Aaron's POV.

"AARON DONT OPEN THE BOX-" before Nessa could finish I opened it and look at the pictures. All my memories of Roni was rushing back to me. The first picture I saw....was me and her holding hands under the sun. We were in the beach, walking and smiling against each other. The second picture I saw was the one where i kissed her cheek in the hilltop we went to. Then the next picture I saw was us kissing on a treehouse.

It makes sense....Roni wasn't just my best friend. She was my girlfriend....but what about Sarah. I look more in the box and see a book saying "Don't open if you're not Angie or Nessa". I open the book and it was her diary... I start reading it

October 13,2017

    Today...was the mark of my first kiss with Aaron. It felt amazing. The date was amazing the kiss was amazing. I've never felt anything like that before. Aaron is the best boyfriend I could ever ask for, I love him more than I love anyone right now. I can see myself having a future with him and it's just wow. He's literally the guy of my dreams. I hope nothing changes in our relationship. He brings out so much effort for this relationship. He respects me and treats me like a real princess.. honestly couldn't ask for an even better boyfriend.

I look more through the pages until I see the page where she talks about me being in the hospital

April 16,2018

     So 3 months ago Aaron was in a car accident and he was in a coma. Thank the Lord he's alive cuz if he wasn't....I don't know what I would've done. So today...my prayers were answered. Aaron woke up from his coma. I kissed him when he did but.....he doesn't remember me. He pulled away and was afraid of me. He screamed at me and kicked me out of his room.....my heart shattered into millions of pieces when he did that. Alex (his brother) went in his room and told me that he remembers his ex Sarah. He said he still loves her and she's his girlfriend. Do u know how bad that hurts? To be forgotten by someone you loved? It sucks honestly because he remembers the person who fucking cheated on him for a straight year. I don't know what to do....he doesn't remember me....he doesn't love me anymore...do I give up? Do I not? I don't know what to feel and how to feel. I don't even know if I believe love anymore. Aaron is one of the most important people in my life and...well...I lost him. Our whole relationship just ended because of a car accident....I tried to tell him I was his girlfriend but he wouldn't believe me. He kept looking and looking for Sarah. I've never been this broken hearted in my life....Aaron and I....we were so happy. Yes we had fights but we got through it right away...I don't know what I'm gonna do. All I know is that I love him. I love him, and I'll never stop loving him. Even if he doesn't remember me, even if  he loves Sarah, I'll still love him. No one and nothing can stop me from loving him. Life is so hard right now. It's so hard to deal with this and get through it.

I read.

It makes sense. Everything makes sense now. The connection I felt with Roni, the way I felt when our hands touched....it's her. It's always been her. No wonder I've felt so distant around Sarah. That's because I don't love her. I was forcing myself to love her. But inside I was truly in love with Roni....God I feel horrible

"Aaron...." I hear a voice cracking. I looked up and see Roni crying. I stand up and we look at each other from a distance.

I put down the pictures and the book. I immediately walked up to her, grabbed her face and kissed her for the first time in months. This was it. The kiss.  The memories all came back. All my memories with her came back through this kiss. I missed her, I can't believe I forgot her.
We both pulled away after a minute.