ONE

• • •

i apologize in advance for any misspelled words, i do type really fast and usually i don't take a look at what i wrote 🙄 so sorry if any of you guys get confused by what i say, i don't mean to do it on purpose! i tried to keep this story in mini paragraphs so that it'll be a little easier to read than a whole paragraph. also, this story will contain long chapters so get your wine, tea, coffee, cookies whatever and get ready to read!

• • •

We made it to the reception and everybody was there. As bridesmaids. we have to sit at the table with the bride and groom. Emily and I took our seats and everyone just waited for the two to come in. "Do you want something to drink at all?" She asked me. "If this place has any vodka, then sure." She chuckled and got up. I saw her walk over to the bar and get something to drink, for the both of us. "Hey," I heard a voice say behind me. I turn around to find Luke.

"How're you feeling, Soph?" "Not great. I literally just watched the man that I've been in love with for years, get married right in front of me." I looked at him and tears started forming again. He wrapped his arms around me and said, "Don't cry. We want him to be happy and I'm sure he wants all of us to be happy, especially you. You've been by his side for much longer than I have. He loves you, Sophia."

Just then, Emily came back with drinks in her hand. She walked over to Luke and wrapped her arms around him. "Hey, when did you get here?" She kissed him and I said, "Well, ain't there another happy couple to make me feel even less about myself." "I'm sorry." She sat down with me and said, "Here's some water. It's better than vodka in your position." I sipped it and asked her, "Well what did you get?"

"Vodka." She drank it all like it was a shot and told me, "It's better for me than it is for you." Luke sat down next to her and he put his arm around her. "Listen Soph, you don't have to stay here long. You can leave whenever you want." "Even now?" "Well, we have to wait for them to come first. I think they hwould rather have you be here and see you before you leave."

I laid back in my seat and crossed my arms. Still sober, Emily told me, "Just be happy. I know it's hard for you to do so but just try, please. This is a special day for--" Then I just burst out into tears. "Emily just stop talking! You don't know how much I'm hurting right now! Luke has you, Michael has Crystal, and Calum has Katie! I literally lost--" "Sophia, don't say it. Not here, especially not now." "Lost the love of my life!"

I burst out crying and I could feel everyone staring at me. Emily stood me up and we walked towards the bathroom, horribly enough, it was across the building so we had to walk through all the tables. I laid my head down on her shoulder as we walked. We finally got to the bathrooms and I heard people standing up and clapping. I turned around and saw Calum and Katie.

They were smiling so big. So big...I was wishing that I was in her place right now. We walked in and we stood in front of the mirrors. "Hey, get yourself together. Usually, I would be calming you down and telling you that everything is going to be alright but not tonight. Tonight, I'm going to be so straightforward and you're gonna listen. Get yourself together girl and wipe those tears. We have to go out there whether you're ready or not."

I took some toilet paper and wiped my eyes with it. I would use the paper towels but those are so much harder and would probably scratch my face. "You cannot cry anymore tonight. You're going to have fun and just ignore Calum. He's still your best friend but don't think of him like that. He's taken Sophia, you have to realize that and get fucking over it."

Just then, we both heard a knock at the door. "Girls? Calum and Katie are beginning to do their little toasts, you guys better get out here!" It's Luke. He's been so nice to the both of us, especially me since he knew that I love Cal. "We'll be out in a minute, hun! Don't worry!" Emily called out to him. She looked at me and said, "You're beautiful and you can get any other guy you want. Don't keep your goal set on him. It's time to let go."

I took a deep breath and I nodded. "I'm ready to go out now." She nodded her head and we walked out together. This time, we didn't walk through the crowd. We took the long way round and it lead up straight to the table. Katie saw me and waved, very happily. I waved back and we both took our seats. Calum was standing and was preparing for his toast.

"Excuse me everyone! I would like to make a toast." Everybody stopped talking and turned their attention towards him. "First of all, I would like to thank everyone for coming on this very special day", very special day he said as he looked at Katie. "and thanks to the bar for the drinks!" He cheered towards the bartenders and we all laughed. "I would just like to say how much today is for me. I've never been more happy in life and to be with the person who makes me smile every single day.."

He picked up Kat's left hand and kissed it. He really was a gentlemen and he was the most kind-loving man ever. There's nothing wrong with him. He continued the rest of his toast and he sat back down. We all took a sip and it was Katie's turn to speak. "Well, this is exciting ain't it! Whoo, so first of all, I would like to thank one of my close friends for introducing me to my husband." She looked down at me and said,

"If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here with my heart pounding out of my chest. Thank you for making me realize that the man of my dreams was in front of me the whole time." That's how I feel but you fucking took him away from me. I smiled at her and nodded. I looked over at Calum and he winked at me, thanking me for everything. If only he knew.  "Thank you for a wonderful night and a wonderful beginning that I can't wait to experience! I love you Cal!"

I heard him say, "I love you too Kat." Change Kat or Sophia and I would be really happy about that. We all chugged down our champagnes and was really getting drunk now. "God Is A Woman" by Ariana Grande started playing and the whole dance floor was getting packed with people dancing. "GOD IS A WOMAN!" I heard one woman say, she was drunk and just dancing on people. I aspire to be that drunk and not caring about what I do.

As the waiters were walking around with the alcohol on their trays, I grabbed two of them and chugged them down. I made a face to signal how bad the burn was as I drank it. I opened up my eyes and saw Emily and Luke just sitting at the table, smiling at each other and being happy. I saw Calum sitting at one of the tables with Michael and I walked up to them. "Sophia!" Calum exclaimed.

"It's so good to see you! I'm so glad that you came to the reception!" He hugged me and in my drunk state of mind, I said, "Yeh, good to be here!" I blinked several times, for no reason but it helped my vision. "So, did you come with anyone?" I pointed towards Em and Luke. He turned his head to look and said, "Oh yeah, I forgot they were together." I was being a little bit sluggish so I said, "You know Calum, I love you."

"Aw, I love you too!" He put his arm around me and I pushed it off. "No, I mean I love you. Like I lava you because you're fucking hot and gorgeous!" I shouted. I saw another waiter come by and grabbed another two shots. I chugged then down and he said, "Haha, I'm flattered that you said so. I mean, I hope I am!" "Like I love you so much that it hurts", then I started to cry again. "It physically hurts my heart."

"Are you okay? Do you really mean all of this or is this just the drunk Sophia talking?" "No", I hiccuped and continued to say, "It's all from the dam heart." I laid my head on the table and slowly drifted off the sleep. Before I officially fell asleep, I heard Calum say, "I'm gonna go get Emily and Luke. She has to leave or else she's not gonna wake up in a good place." I closed my eyes and tears were running down my face.

I lava him...I lav him....I still love him.