Hermione Granger x Maid Reader. {Servitude}

Hermione sat with her best friends, Ron and Harry at the Gryffindor table during Halloween. Decorations lit up the entirety of Hogwarts' Great Hall where the four houses; Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor were happily eating their meals. Hermione was rolling her eyes at something Ron's sister Ginny had just said but the sixteen year old Granger still had a pleasant smile on her face. At the front end of the Great Hall was the staff table where the wise Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts, sat with his fellow professors. A happy smile was cemented onto his face as he stood, seeing that most of his students had finished their meals. Dumbledore stood at the podium and waited for silence.

"As most of you will remember, there was a challenge issued three months ago." Dumbledore started, there was an excited murmuring across the crowd at his words. "Yes, it is finally time to address the winner. The contest was issued to see who the most hardworking, diligent and worthy pupil in this school is." Dumbledore continued, Hermione crossed her fingers and prayed it was her. "And the winner is... Hermione Granger!" The Gryffindor table burst into cheers as Hermione was beside herself with joy. To have the title as most diligent and hardworking student in all of Hogwarts was her greatest achievement. Harry and Ron both gave Hermione high fives before Dumbledore continued. "Ah yes, now for the prize. Miss (L/n). You may come out now"

From behind Dumbledore there was a shimmer of light and Hermione squinted her eyes to get a better view. When the light finally solidified there was someone standing beside Dumbledore. It was a girl. A beautiful girl. With long (H/c) hair tied in pig tails, shining (e/c) eyes and she was dressed in a cute French maid outfit. Hermione gasped in shock as she realized what her prize was, Harry and a few others from not only Gryffindor but the other houses let out piercing wolf whistles. She was undoubtedly beautiful and, with a curt nod from Dumbledore, Miss (L/n) started making her way down to Hermione at the Gryffindor table. The room erupted into a mix of laughter, clapping and whistling as Dumbledore led the cheering. Miss (L/n) walked curtly up to Hermione and curtsied, a smile plain on her lips.

"Greetings, Lady Granger. My name is (Y/n) (L/n). I am pleased to be your maid" The girl introduced herself happily. Hermione looked mortified at the girl who began to grow nervous. "Have I... disturbed your dinner my lady?" she asked, this broke Hermione out of her thoughts.

"How could Dumbledore do this to you?" she half shouted half whispered. Ron and Harry shook their heads and groaned. Hermione had just gotten over 'enslaved' house elves working at Hogwarts but now an actual human maid? As a prize! "Do you at least get paid?" (Y/n) looked curiously at Hermione for a moment.

"Paid? Oh no. No I do not. But that is okay, if I did not have this job I would be living in shame out on the Muggle streets" (Y/n) explained, soon Professor McGonigal walked over.

"Miss Granger, I know this will be different but please give Miss (L/n) a chance" Hermione opened her mouth to argue then thought better of it and simply nodded. "Good, Miss Granger. I suggest you head to your dorm to contemplate this new addition" The professor quickly hurried away. Harry and Ron had already left and Hermione sighed as she stood. (Y/n) bowed as she did so.

"Don't do that" Hermione snapped and (Y/n) bolted upright

"Sorry my Lady." Hermione wanted to say more but shook her head and left to go back to her common room.

That night as Hermione was preparing for bed there was a slight cough from behind her. Turning, Hermione saw (Y/n) standing there her hands clasped together in front of her with her head slightly bowed. "I am sorry to disturb you my Lady, but I must ask if you would like any special meal for breakfast tomorrow?" Hermione looked incredulously at her new maid before sighing unhappily.