"Disappointing people as usual"

Being the kid sister of Claire and Karen Dearing was never something I prided myself in. They were both perfect in every way. Claire being smart as hell and having a career figured out, and Karen with having her life in general figured out. She knew what she wanted, a family. Then there was me...Lydia Dearing, the mistake. Not in a whoops im pregnant mistake but in a we just adopted a child and did not even really stop to think about it. Lydia Dearing: The crazy sister. The partier, the one with bipolar disorder, the one with none of her shit figured out. The sister who has been living with her ungodly sister Karen for the last year after needing some time apart from school. Which of course is hard if you go to Julliard school of music. The last thing Lydia thought she would be doing at this point in time was packing her suitcases to go see her low life sister to packed up and left Lydia all alone. Lydia couldn't forgive her older sister. She tried but couldn't considering that the night before she left she promised Lydia she would not leave her just like everyone else.

"And Lydia" My head snapped up at the sound of my name being said. "Please keep an eye on the boys...you know how Claire can get." I rolled my eyes at my sister.

"I'm not going on this trip to play babysitter." I replied boredly but she just gave me a stern look. "But if Claire disappoints as per usual, I won't take my eyes off of them!" She just rolled her eyes and pulled me into a hug.

"Please go a little bit easier on Claire...you are not alone anymore. Please also remember to take your meds everyday." Karen whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes and shrugged out of the hug.

"Way to make me feel unstable, Kare" I glanced at my sister and Scott, her husband, before grabbing my bag and walking inside the airport holding Gray's hand.

TIME SKIP

The plane ride was long. Unbearably long. At least that what it felt like considering Zach's ex-girlfriend was making him miserable and Gray slept on me the whole way there. I could have really used a drink, but I was under very strict instruction from Karen, I was not allowed to drink around the boys. As soon as I stepped off the plane I thought I had gone straight to hell because the heat was unbearable.

Stepping onto the boat felt like we were all marching to our death, especially with Zach's attitude. Gray was rambling on about nonsense to do with the park while Zach checked out girls. I rolled my eyes and rubbed my temples with my fingers. This was going to be a long trip.

Getting onto the island I was growing more nervous about seeing my sister again. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel the slightest bit excited. I combed my hands through my white platinum blonde hair. I looked around for Claire, holding Grays hand. My heart sank when I saw the sign reading all of our names. The one holding it wasn't Claire, but one of her minions I assumed.

"Where's aunt Claire?" Gray asked

I shook my head "Disappointing people as usual." I told him "Looks like I will have to be playing babysitter after all" I muttered.

A shuttle ride later we were at what I assumed were the headquarters of the park.

"You're sister and aunt arranged to meet you at one o'clock,"

I feigned appreciation. "You mean...she arranged, like took time out of her day just to see little old us!" Her assistant didn't know what to say. "You can tell Claire she has to try harder than that. And you can go, I can watch the boys perfectly fine, thank you." I just spun on my heels giving Zach a little fist bump along the way as he smirked at my little outburst.