83 : Victory and Defeat

(In the Battlefield)

The wind is gently blowing across the battlefield. There is pin drop silence in the arena. No one is moving a muscle as everyone is watching the spectacle before their eyes with baited breath.

Ash is staring into Serena's eyes as she stares into Ash's. A low growling sound is coming from Sylveon and Charizard who are sizing each other up. Suddenly a drop of sweat forms near Ash's forehead and creates a drop like sound when it touches the ground. Both Ash and Serena's pupils immediately contract.

<Author Note Starts>

New music just for this epic clash. Do press play button while reading ahead.

<Author Note Ends>

"Fairy Wind." Serena commands as Sylveon creates a tornado with it's feelers.

"Flamethrower." Ash counters. The moment both attacks they create a narrow but sky scraping tall tornado of fire. As neither side stops the attack the diameter of the tornado keeps increasing along with the shaking of the stadium.

(In the VIP Box)

"This is insane." Diantha says while shielding her eyes from the brightness of the tornado of fire.

"I know." Cynthia shouts back while shielding her eyes as well. Meanwhile the tornado explodes and sends a shock wave which causes everyone to jump in their seats and fall back with a thud.

"Watch out." Lance shouts out of the blue as the computers before the professors start sparking aggressively. Oak and Sycamore are too paralyzed to do anything. Lance jumps over the sofa and kicks the trolley on which the computer are placed. The moment the trolley reaches the far end of the room the computers explode.

"Phew. That was close." Lance says as he puts his hand on his chest.

(Back in the Battlefield)

"Flash Cannon." Ash commands as Charizard roars.

"No biggie. Dark Pulse." Serena counters. Another explosion takes place as the attacks collide. Both Charizard and Sylveon get surrounded by a dust cloud which hides them from the spectators.

"Slash away to destruction with Metal Claw." Ash says as he swipes his hand in the heat of the moment.

"Show that thing how dark you can be. Night Slash." Serena snarls. The spectators see a flash of black and silver inside the dust bowl. Then the explosion after explosion goes of inside the dust bowl which makes it bigger and bigger. Even though the audience can't see the Pokemon they know when they are clashing because they can feel the periodic shock waves that are being sent through out the entire stadium every time the Pokemon are clashing.

After several small explosions take place a large explosion takes place which causes the dust bowl to collapse. The spectators see Sylveon and Charizard being sent back sliding towards their trainers.

"Aerial Ace." Ash and Serena shout in unison. On hearing the command both Sylveon and Charizard crouch for a moment before they shoot up the next moment. In the very next second they vanish with nothing but a trail of dust which is still going up. The spectators look everywhere but they don't see the Pokemon anywhere.

(In the VIP Box)

"Wh-Wh-where are they?" Grace asks in a stuttering tone.