1

BANG! Rick runs towards Kate. But she is shot in the chest. They both land on the hard solid ground with a thud. "Stay with me, ok? "Whispers Rick. Kate nods a 'yes'. After a few seconds of staring in her hazel eyes. He can tell she is going to fall into unconsciousness. He quietly spoken "Kate, I love you. I love you, Kate." She then closes her eyes and everything within her mind goes blank. Rick just watches her passes out. All of a sudden ambulances calling out for everyone to get out of the way. Paramedics jumped out of the ambulances and ran to Kate. "What happened?" Questioned one of the paramedics, called Dr. Chris Brown. "She has been shot in the chest!" Replied Rick, pointing at Kate's chest.

Hours later, Kate came out of surgery and Rick whet to go see Kate. When he walked in the room, he saw none other than Josh Davidson, Kate's boyfriend. He was sitting on the chair next to her bed, holding her hand. Josh look up from Kate and stared at me, with a death glare.He looked very angry, but then he stood up, kissed her on her forehead, said goodbye to her and walked passed me to the door. When he left, I looked at Kate, she had a smile on her lips. She was smiling from ear to ear, I love her smile, well I love her. I hope she heard me tell her that I loved her. "Hey, Castle," she said. "Hey, Beckett, How ya feel?" He asked. "Like I was shot in the chest." She joked, laughing. Making me laugh to. Oh how I love her laugh.

After minutes of giggling, we stopped laughing. We then fell into an awkward silence. Kate broke the silence after few minutes. "I heard that you tried to save me." I was shocked. 'She heard? Did she hear me say to her that I love her?' All these questions were running through my mind, until Kate spoke again. "Castle?" "Oh..... um.... yeah?" Kate giggled. "Are u ok, Castle?" She questioned. "Yeah, I'm fine. So..... you heard?" Rick asked, changing the subject "yeah, I heard." "You heard..." Rick trialed off, not knowing if he should carry on. "I heard what? The gun shot or something else?" Kate was trying to give Rick clues that she did hear him say that he loved her. "Yeah. The gun shot." Rick whispered. "Yeah," Kate told. "What do you remember of the shooting, Kate?" Rick asked. "I remember I was standing on the podium.  Then a gun shot when off. Then-" Kate took a deep breath, then continues. "Then you tackled me to the ground and you kept asking me to not leave and to stay with you. Then before I passed out I heard someone say something important." She explained, still trying to give him clues. "Heard something important?" He questioned. 'Wow! Is he really this dumb?' She thought. "Castle!! I heard you!!" She yelled, getting quite annoyed. "Wait! What?"
He was confused. "I heard you! I heard your important words!" Castle was still confused. Kate just rolled her eyes.

She looked down at her hands which were in her lap. "I lo-love y-you too, Rick." She told him. Rick shot his head up in surprise. "You heard me say that I love you?" "Of course I did. I believe that's what made me stay alive. Because I needed you to know that I loved you too! When you told me it, I so desperately wanted to tell you it back, but that's when blackness took over me." She started to cry. Rick got up from the chair and walked to the side of the bed. He put his hand on her cheek, making her to look at him. He saw the pain she was in. Her eyes were red from the crying. " Kate, why are you crying for?" She put her hand on top of his hand, which was still on her cheek. "I should have told you how I felt about you years ago." She sobbed. He was confused. " I'm not following." "When you asked me to go with you to the Hamptoms and I declined your invite, I started to think about it more clearly. Then I decided that I did what to go with you. But when I tried to tell you, Gina came and interrupted. She said that you invited her to take to the Hamptoms as I declined you when you asked me." Tears were still streaming down her face. He wiped them away with his thumb. "Oh, I'm so sorry Kate, if I knew that you still wanted to come, I would have waited and I would certainly not have invited Gina. She is a nightmare! Staying with her for the whole summer, was a bad idea!" He honestly explained.

Comment. Vote. Share. ♥