Chapter 2: Hank Voight

I was sitting at my desk going over paper work from the open and shut case we finished this morning when my phone went off. 
Chicago Med  The caller ID said. 
"Voight." I answered.
"Hank it's Maggie. We brought a woman in and she had you as her Emergency Contacts. I had the other nurse call the other Emergency contact but you were the one of two. Her name is Lily Kelly." 
I haven't heard that name in, oh God, close to eighteen years. "Thanks Maggie, I will be there as soon as I can." 
I grabbed my jacket and walked out of my office. "Where's Antonio?" I asked coming out of my office, closing the door behind me. 
My Unit looked at me. "He got a call about an emergency and took off." Adam said. 
"Oh okay. Well I got a call from the hospital about an old friend. It's late, go home, get some sleep, see you all in the morning."  
they nodded and I left. 

I got to the hospital and walked up to the front desk nurse. "Excuse me, I'm looking for a Lily Kelly." 
The nurse looked at he computer than back at me. "Room 230." 
"Thanks." 

I made my way up and walked in her room. Someone was already sitting with her. I knocked and the guy turned his head. "Antonio?" 
Antonio stood up. "Hank?" 
Lily sat up. "Ah both of you are here? Well isn't this a surprise?" She giggled, clearly high.
"Yeah, apparently I'm your emergency contact." I told her, still looking at Antonio. Huh? 
"So am I." He said. "Well then..."  Antonio trailed off clearly as weirded out with this situation as I felt. 
"Why are you here Lily?" Antonio asked.
"Why am I your emergency contact." I asked as well. 
She looked between both of us. "Well it's obvious isn't it?" She moved her head around. She huffed when we didn't say anything. "I slept with both of you weeks apart." 
Antonio and I looked at each other and made a grossed out face, shaking our shoulders out as if it would get that image out of our heads. Nope, it couldn't. 
"What does that have to do with anything?" She was so high on whatever it was she was on, that she was spilling everything. She probably won't even remember this when the drugs leave her system. 
"I got pregnant. But the tricky thing is one of you two are the father. I just don't know which one." She laughed. 
I was taken aback and Antonio looked star struck. 
"You what?" Antonio repeated. 
"I had a baby, and one of you two are the father, I just don't know who. It was too close together to know. One of you two have a daughter." 
We both stood there staring at her. 
Antonio looked at me and whispered, "she has to be telling the truth, she just almost over dosed, she probably doesn't even know what's going on, thinks this is a dream... Or an illusion.  She can't make a lie like this." 
"I think you're right, as much as I wish you weren't. She's too high to lie, she's spilling her truths. She won't even remember this when the drugs wear off." I confirmed Antonio's suspicions - much to my dismay.
"Shit, Hank what are we gonna do?" Antonio whispered to me, low enough so that Lily couldn't hear us talking. 
"I don't know." And that was the God honest truth. 
We turned back to her when she coughed. "What is her name?" Antonio asked. 
"Maria... but I think she goes by Violet. Her friend calls her that anyways." She said tiredly. 
"Where can we find her?" I asked, but it was no use she was out cold. I went to her purse and got her wallet, her address was in it. "Come on, we're going to her house." I told Antonio. 
"Hank this is really weird." 
"Tell me about it. We slept with the same woman." 
"And the huge age gap between us..." He teased. 
"That too." I said seriously. 

We got to her house and we knocked on the door. No answer. I turned the door knob and it was open. The paramedic probably didn't lock it when they grabbed Lily. 
We searched the house and found Maria's room. It had a lot of normal clothes and a lot of not appropriate clothes as well. She had a big trunk in her closet that was locked. 
"Hey Hank." Antonio called from somewhere down stairs. I put the trunk back and went to him.
I walked in the kitchen and he handed me a piece of paper. 
Mom, I've gone to work. You know, the thing that you do so you can get money to pay the bills. 
You probably won't be up to read this but I did it anyways. I'll be crashing at Gypsy's house. 
I will pay the hydro and water bill tomorrow. Don't die while I'm gone. - Maria  

I was speechless, this girl was keeping the lights on and taking care of her mother who was like that? 
Antonio looked at me. "Weather this is your daughter or mine. We have to find her." 
"Agreed. Let's take this back work and make a case in the morning."