-49-

W A L D R I N

I felt Christian tapped my back when Maxene started to walk down the aisle. I am not an emotional person but I just can't help my tears. Kahit anong pigil ko, hindi ko maiwasang maiyak. 

There she is, the girl who stole my heart, no, I actually gave my heart to her. Lolo is escorting her down the aisle as they happily talk. 

"Bro, stop crying, nakatutok sayo yung camera." Raven elbowed me. Bahagya akong tumalikod to wipe my tears. 

"I can't help it..." I sniffed. 

Right before my eyes, I can see the girl whom I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

"Waldrin, apo. Make Maxene happy until her last breath." Lolo said to me. My lips are literally shaking right now. 

"I-I will, Lo. Thank you." Nagmano ako sa kanya before holding Maxene's hand. 

"You're shaking." She chuckled. 

"Can I kiss you now?" I asked. Tumawa lang siya sakin. Pero nakahinga na rin ako ng maluwag dahil hawak ko na siya. Hindi ko na siya papakawalan pa. 

"Mamaya pa pwede." She giggled as she held my elbow. 

"You're beautiful." I breathed.

"Thank you. And you look dashing as well." She smiled at me. Her smile always warms my heart to the depth of my soul. Pumwesto na kami sa harapan ng Mayor na kaibigan ni Daddy. I can't help but be thankful to them for supporting us in this. 

"We are gathered here today because this couple has decided to be joined in marriage. The essence of marriage lies in committing oneself to the other person entirely as a friend, confidant, companion, and lover. This decision should never be made lightly, but should be considered with utmost care, respect, and loyalty."

She smiled widely at me as she looks at me in the eyes. I can almost see from her eyes how lucky I am as the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. 

"Waldrin," She breathed. I smiled at her as she reaches for my left hand. 

"The love you've shown me is beyond what I imagined I could have, you were the poison and the antidote of my being, a risk that I will always be willing to take, you are my salvation, devotion and obsession. I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I ask you to wear this ring as a reminder of the vows we have spoken today, our wedding day."

Natawa na lang kami pareho as tears started streaming down our cheeks as we brushed each other's faces. 

"Maxene, you know I am not a cheesy person. I may have not believe in love at first sight but the first time I laid my eyes on you, I already know, you are the one I wanna spend the rest of my life with. I'm sorry for being mean to you at first, it was a strange feeling for me, and I blamed you for making me feel this way and now you have to take responsibility for making me so crazy and madly in love with you. I give you this ring to wear with love and joy. As a ring has no end, neither shall my love for you. I choose you to be my wife this day and forevermore."