ONE

CHAPTER ONE -- "normal people will do that to you."

             I was always someone who another person would call a baby. apparently, having suicidal thoughts all the time and crying because you feel like you can't take anymore of this pain that is constantly surrounding you labels you as one. or, I was the kid who was labelled as the 'emo' of the school, just because I hadn't worn a baggy sweatshirt one time in year ten.

normal people will do that to you.

but, since I'm not normal, I wouldn't. because I've been there, because I understand. there was a new boy that came about a week ago, he was a year twelve student just like me. zayn malik was his name. he's completely mute, can't say a single word, and people make fun of him for it, why? heavens only got a clue.

so, naturally, I went right up to the empty table zayn was sitting at and plopped down right next to him.

"hi, I'm niall horan." I said and stuck out my hand. his gaze was focused on my bracelets which were covering my stigma. he pulled up his sweatshirt and showed me he had one of the same bracelets as me.

"me too," he wrote on a piece of paper in a notebook he had taken out of his backpack.

we were inseparable ever since.