Mine

**Through John Lauren's POV**

I stare at the door, waiting for Alex to come back. He's been gone for hours and I can't stand it any more. I need to talk to him. Eliza is controlling his brain, making him act this way. Keeping him for herself. Alex was an all around good guy last year, having him in my history class Senior year high school. We were partners to do research on the Boston Tea Party. Every time he talked in his Puerto Rican accent, it made my heart swoon.  Father pushed me to get good grades and move forward to the best school possible. I was failing History and Alex helped me. He wrote the paper for me. He wrote his way through high school. Writing came like breathing to him. 
My face burns at the memory of him taking my hand and tells me not to worry. I sit on my bed and wait for him to come back. I sit there waiting, waiting,waiting. I watch the clock tick away every second he isn't here with me. 

Anger sparks through me as I stare at the selfie on the bulletin board. A selfie of him and Eliza. My hands shake as I reach for the bulletin board. Not a single picture of me. Not a single picture of his proclaimed best friend. Eliza is balancing on his shoulders trying to hold the camera while Alex just laughs, his face frozen in time. Picture Alex stares at me with chocolate eyes and his soft pink lips curved into a smile
I tear the picture off the board and tear it to shreds. My whole body shakes as I tear everything else off his board. Menus from his favorite resturants, pictures taken of beachs and sunsets, all tumble to the floor. More pictures of people. People who are not me. I tear everything off the board and watch it all float to the floor. A small strip from a cheap photo booth pokes out from the pile. I pick it up and tears flood my eyes.  

Four goofy guys squeeze into the three different panels, each posing different styles. Lafayette wears big glasses over his eyes, Mulligan balances a tiny hat on his head, Alex has a pink feather boa wrapped around his neck, crossing his eyes at the camera. And then theres me. He kept the picture of us taken junior year of high school. My smile is huge with Alex's arm wrapped around my shoulders. Even then I was in love with him. Before college. Before Senior year History class. Before Eliza. The first panel shows four guys kidding around in a mall photo booth on a late Saturday night. The next one shows three guys kidding around, the fourth blushing at the one with the feather boa. The last panel captures Alex hugging me. His arms are wrapped around my neck. I tuck the picture in my front pocket, close to my heart.
My head spins, clips of the night flooding through it. I thought we had a chance of being together. But that was before Eliza. Before she took Alex from me.

I grit my teeth and my heart hardens. Curling my hands into fists, I shout. I shout at Eliza. I shout at her being with Alex. I shout at what could've been. I shout until my throat goes hoarse. Something goes off in my head, in my soul, in my heart. I know how we can be together. Eliza needs to be gone.