⌜ nineteen ⌟

❝koeun i'm sorry

koeun i'm sorry.

koeun raised her head and saw mark looking at her with an apologetic look.

koeun just smiled ❝for what?

about yesterday..

yesterday, mark was with donghyuck that he completely forgot about koeun. ❝it's ok, i understand that there are some things far more important.

she was hurt. she actually thought that she would have a chance with mark since mark was acting differently than those who usually talk to her.

his smile, the way he laugh, the way he speaks, his voice, everything about him, koeun couldn't believe she fell for a guy like mark.

a guy who already has someone else in mind.

how about i make it up to you?❞ mark took the notebook that koeun was reading when he noticed her too busy looking at it

koeun pouted ❝give it back.

mark smirked and took a step back while raising the book, ❝reach it if you can.

she stood up from her seat and frowned when mark teased her about her height. she tiptoed and tried to get the bool but unfortunately, mark was taller and he was having fun watching the girl struggling.

the moment was cut off by someone who got koeun's book from mark. mark turned around and was ready to fight to whoever got the book but chickened out when he saw how tall this guy was.

koeun watched the tall guy giving her the book and left as if nothing happened. koeun then cleared her throat and gave mark a look.

mark rolled his eyes ❝you're lucky.

koeun giggled and nudged mark from the side ❝let's eat lunch together.

mark just nodded and sat down from his seat when he saw their teacher coming inside the classroom. he would steal glances from the guy everytime the teacher isn't looking. he found the guy very familiar.

the teacher called the guy up in front and people around mark kept on whispering about how good looking the new student was.

after his introduction, mark then widened his eyes upon hearing his name.

it was the guy koeun married.

🕓

donghyuck..❞ jaemin placed his piece of meat on donghyuck's tray ❝are you ok?

donghyuck quietly nodded and ate the piece of meat jaemin gave him.

chenle gave jaemin a look, telling him that donghyuck was obviously not ok. jaemin sighed ❝look donghyuck, maybe you and yukhei are just not meant to be.

chenle nodded ❝hyung one day you will find someone better than yukhei hyung!

the broken hearted guy just let out a chuckle ❝who might that be..

clearly not mark.

yes, he was sad when yukhei broke up with him. yukhei didn't show up today and he was worried that maybe the guy is sick or something had happened.

but seeing mark going out of the campus together with koeun made him even sadder.

can love stop hurting him? he was already broken from the break up and now mark is with koeun, and believe it or not, he was hurt. he was having this little hope, just a little, about him ending up together with mark again.

what is he even thinking, if mark is happy with koeun and he should just support them.

even though he doesn't want to.

oh my god!❞ chenle panicked while he was looking for a tissue when he saw donghyuck crying.

luckily, jaemin had a handkerchief from his pocket and quickly leaned forward to wipe donghyuck's tears away. ❝why are you crying? is it because of the break up?

or is it because he messed everything up?

if only he just kept quiet everytime he and mark fight. if only he understood that mark was just stressed from his work that's why he goes home hot headed. if only he thought about chan before telling mark that he was sure about changing the past. if only he could go back one more time..

i'm fine..❞ donghyuck pulled out a smile for the two to stop worrying

minutes later he saw two familiar people walking pass by them carrying some plastic bags that contain snacks and drinks. his smile soon disappeared when he saw them smiling and laughing. mark told koeun a joke, which donghyuck thought that it wasn't even funny, and koeun reacted by slapping the older's arm, telling him that his joke wasn't funny and that he should stop. mark laughed and told another joke again, not giving up. donghyuck kept on looking at him, hoping that he would notice him but no. not even a glance, none.

donghyuck sighed, who was he kidding

he wasn't fine.

t b c