Sweet Disasters

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AND WARNINGS: Hey guys! I would first like to apologize for my lack of updates. I'm making a promise right now to never take that long again. That being said, there are a couple things I would like to start out with; This chapter does have multiple graphic scenes. And touches on sensitive topics, if any of you may be triggered by this, I suggest you skip. Also, there is a new theme that I have added to this story. Read the chapter and tell me what you think, I love feedback. If you guys are absolutely unhappy with the new theme, then I will cut it from the story. Side note, Just a reminder that this is NOT a childxadult fanfic. Both Kai and Lloyd are in the same age group. I happen to be a huge Greenflame fan and have alot of KaixLloyd story ideas...more then I will be able to write. If you guys are considering writing a greenflame fanic and dont know of a plot, hit me up. I've got alot of them. If you guys have any questions about the story, I would love to answer them all. Let me know if there were any parts that didn't make sense. Also also, I apologize for any spelling or grammar errors. This chapter has 39,021 words and its hard to correct it all.

This Amazing piece of artwork was done by my lovely friend ninjagofangirl19

This Amazing piece of artwork was done by my lovely friend ninjagofangirl19. Go check out they're page and show them some love.

(Onwards we go....)

(Kai pov)

   Lloyd's hard to explain. I've truly never met anyone like him, which says alot considering my social status. Eveyone has a different way of detailing our youngest member, but they don't know him quite like I do. Cheesy isn't a normal characteristic of mine, but I feel as if I'm becoming a Hallmark card. How can I be this love struck? I wouldn't consider myself the soft type, but Lloyd somehow brings it out in me. Its baffling. I guess the saying is true....you can live your whole life never knowing how much you needed someone until that someone walks into your life and changes it for the better. Looking back, I never would have guess that that blonde, who was running from us down the street, would have such an impact on my life, on all of ours.
Lloyds been with us for around five months, though it feels much longer. To the guys he's the little brother they never had. Since being with us he's opened up a considerable amount. He trusts us and that trust isn't an easy thing to gain definitely not by Lloyd's standards. He's cautious and a bit paranoid, which is unerstandable. In all honesty, I feel honored to have his trust. Something as fragile as that is precious. I'm proud of how much progress he's made. Someone who used to flinch at the slightest hand raise, now loves hugs and spends more time with the group.
  Everything looks new to him. He may as well have been locked away all his life. Hell, he didnt even know who the Beetles where, or that flying ships are a thing...stuff that everybody knows. Sometimes he looks at us like we're insane and to be fair its warranted. The norm for us is strange to him. He's basically in a constant state of admonishment, but he isn't the only one in awe. I'm barely able to focus. Every chance I get I risk a glance, not even considering how my staring may be received, not that anyone brings it up. They dont know about the type of relationship I have with Lloyd, not the extent of it. I guess I'm not entirely sure myself, its delicate. We may not be an "item" but I certainly don't see him as a brother, despite a part of me knowing that I should. Relationships aren't easy in normal circumstances let alone ours, but that doesn't mean I've completely dropped the idea of an "us", I want there to be, more then anything. We just need to find somewhere to start. What makes things hard is the fact I've been so distant with him lately and he's kinda stepped back because of it. We kissed just the once, on the day Lloyd discovered his abilities all those months ago, but we haven't since. Its not that I dont want to, I can confidently say that I do love him, more then anything. I just want to make sure its really what Lloyd wants. He had leaned in for a kiss the day prior, but i leaned away and changed the subject. I didn't want to take advantage of his vulnerability, knowing that he was emotionally fragile. It felt wrong to move in on him while he was trying to heal and cope with the effects of his abuse. It wouldn't have been right, he needed time...but the way I went around the situation wasn't right. I should have been honest about my reasons for distancing myself, instead I pushed him away with no explanation. I just didn't want to hurt him. This needed to be something he really wanted, for his happiness. He deserves it.
   Slowly but surely, Lloyd's getting better. He's in a much healthier mindset now, then he was four months ago and that's all that matters. Although he still isn't completely healed emotionally and may never be 100 percent okay, that unfortunate reality would never stop me from loving him. I understand he may need extra support, someone to help him through his dark times and I'm more then willing to be that person.
Despite him still recovering, this is the happiest ive seen him. He's able to become his own person. Maybe its time for me to talk to him about..."us", about becoming an "us". Is it too soon to do this?