chapter four

hellloooo
i know im updating a lot but i honestly love this book so much and im not sorry.

tw: underage drinking, mentions of slight smut??

wc: 1111 (wow, longest chapter so far owo)

~~~~~~~~

rich pov

Rich paced around outside of Michael's house, waiting for the other teen to open the door. He was the first to arrive to help with the party, like always.

Rich always showed up first, somehow, for he always wanted to be the biggest help. He did most of the work, anyway. Unless it was pinning something up really high. Then he didn't do it.

Usually Jake did that for him, since the other teen was the tallest. Actually, it was a tie between Jeremy and Jake. The two were pretty tall according to Rich.

As Rich was lost in his thoughts, Michael opened the door up.

"Rich?" Michael asked, leaning on his door.

"Hm? Oh, hey Mikey!" Rich greeted, smiling. "Could I come in?" He asked. He felt his cheeks heat up as he saw Michael practically staring at him.

"Mhm! Everything to set up is in the basement," Michael muttered, moving out of the way to let him in.

Rich nodded and walked inside before going down to the basement, Michael following him. He grabbed a folding table, unfolding it and setting a stack of the red solo cups on the side. He also put a bag of ping pong balls on it.

"Beer pong? Really?" Rich heard Michael behind him. He turned and smiled.

"Yeah, why not? They'd thet it up anyway, tho I'm doing them a favor," Rich pointed out. He didn't know why, but he felt comfortable letting his lisp slip out around Michael. He watched as Michael just rolled his eyes and leaned on the wall.

"Whatever. If you need any help just ask me. And I know when you're lying," Michael added with a smirk.

Rich rolled his own eyes before grabbing another folding table, unfolding it on the other side of the basement. He put another bag and more cups on it.

"We gotta move the furniture, right?" He asked, walking over to Michael. The other teen nodded before they both went up the stairs. As they got up there, the doorbell rang.

Rich walked over and opened it up. "Heya Jake! And Jeremy," he greeted, stepping aside to let them in. They walked in, saying their greetings.

They quickly started helping out, and in less than an hour, most of the furniture was moved into the dining room and locked up, the key staying with Michael. They put a gate up at the top of the stairs so nobody would go into any bedrooms, the key, yet again, with Michael.

The party started around seven, guests arriving around seven-fifteen. More and more people showed up, and by eight, the party was in full swing.

In the living room, most of the people were sitting on the ground, in chairs, on couches, and on the tables, all playing truth or dare. The others on the outskirts of the circle were either talking, drinking, or, sadly, making out.

In the kitchen, Jake and Jeremy were serving the drinks. Soda for the good kids, smuggled beer for others. Water was also served, but only two people had gotten some. People in the kitchen were talking and getting to know each other.

Meanwhile, in the hallways, people either simply walked through, talked in small groups, or, yet again, were making out.

In the basement, jocks were playing beer pong and betting on each other. Soon enough, there was a hundred dollar pool going around to see who would win. Somehow, some kids had found decks of cards and were now in the corner playing poker.

Rich quickly found Michael, telling him to upstairs. He then went to get Jake and Jeremy, leaving Dustin Kropp in charge of the drinks. Soon, Christine, Chloe, Brooke, Jenna, Jake, Jeremy, Michael, and Rich were sitting upstairs in Michael's room.

"So, why'd you bring everyone up here?" Jenna asked as she sat in the broken circle.

Rich just shrugged. "So we can play our own games. Beer pong, poker, and truth or dare with everyone was getting boring," he explained.

"Fair enough," Jenna muttered. "So what are we doing?" She asked.

"We'll vote. Seven minutes in heaven or spin the bottle." Rich smiled evilly.

Hearing that, Chloe put her phone down and smiled. "Oh, hell yeah!" She laughed. She'd had about three beers by then.

Michael groaned softly, plopping backwards onto his bed. "Why does it have to be in my closet?" He asked, staring up at the ceiling.

"Because it's your house and we're in your room. Plus, I doubt anyone wants to go in the bathroom," Rich pointed out. "Anyway, lets vote! Raise your hand for spin the bottle."

Chloe, Brooke, and Jake raised their hands.

"Seven minutes in heaven?" Rich asked. Everyone else raised their hands, including Rich.

"Yay! Okay, who wants to go first?" He asked, glancing around the circle.

It was arranged quite weirdly. Staring from Rich and going to the left, it went Rich, Chloe, Jake, Jenna, Michael, Brooke, Christine, and then Jeremy.

Chloe sighed and shrugged. "I'll do it." She took the bottle from Rich and placed it in the middle before spinning it.

Everyone watched as it spun for a few seconds before landing on...

"Me!" Brooke squealed, smiling. The two girls stood up before going into Michael's closet, Rich quickly starting the timer.

After their time was up, Jake opened the door to find the girls simply talking to each other.

The game went on for a while, Christine and Jenna going together. Jake and Jeremy, Rich and Chloe, Brooke and Michael, Jake and Brooke-

It went randomly. The only people that were found kissing were the couple, Jake and Jeremy.

Soon, it was Rich's turn again. He spun the bottle, looking at who it landed on.

Michael.

"Alright you two, go on in!" Christine giggled, closing them into the closet.

Rich had noticed that as the bottle landed on Michael, the other teen blushed heavily. Now, he was realizing he could practically hear Michael's heartbeat.

"S-So..." Michael muttered, playing with his own hair.

Rich chuckled nervously. "I've only ever played thith game onthe," he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck.

"First time for me," Michael chuckled nervously.

Rich didn't understand why the younger teen was so nervous. He also heard the slightly heavy breathing. "Mikey, you okay?" He asked, leaning on the wall.

Instead of a response, he heard a quick mutter before feeling Michael kiss him gently.

It was only for a split second, for the boys heard the timer go off. Rich's face was flushed red as the door was opened by Brooke.

Michael and Rich didn't look at each other for the rest of the game.