chapter thirteen

look im updating!!!!!

no tw just fluff n stuff

wc: 1183

~~~~~~~

"Berry blue or toothpaste! C'mon, that's a good one no matter what!" Michael laughed out, leaning back onto his bean bag. He crossed his arms and shook his head, watching Rich pick up the light blue jelly bean.

"Toothpathte it ith!" Rich exclaimed, smiling widely. "Thith ith better anyway," he added.

Michael nodded in agreement. He sat up and spun the little wheel in between them.

"Lime or lawn clippingth!" Rich laughed, falling back onto his bean bag. "You have the wortht luck, Mikey!"

Michael rolled his eyes and Rich continued laughing. He picked up one of the green jelly beans and tossed it into his mouth. After a second or two of chewing, he snorted. "I can't tell which it is," he chuckled.

With that, Rich just broke into more laughter, Michael giggling a bit. He really couldn't tell if it was the good or bad one.

"Ok, ok, go," Michael told Rich after he calmed down. The other teen spun the wheel and froze.

"Cannes dog food or chocolate pudding," Rich whispered.

"Those are both horrible flavors! It's not even chocolatey!" Michael pointed out and smiled. "Have fun~!" He said in a simg-song voice, crossing his arms.

Michael watched as Rich grabbed the brown jelly bean and slowly put it in his mouth. His face was fine as he started chewing... until it wasn't.

"Fuck no! Shit that'th dithguthting!" Rich cried out, falling over as he reached for his water bottle.

Michael started practically cackling, smiling at his friend's defeat. "Canned dog food is the worst!" He laughed out, looking up at the ceiling.

"Oh, shut your fucking mouth," Rich grumbled after he chugged his water bottle. "I thtill fucking tathte it!" He yelled out, getting another round of laughs from Michael.

"Should we get something other than water? Ooh wait, let's get slushies!" Michael suggested, hopping up and holding his hand out to help Rich up. Rich took his hand and hopped up.

"Do you have any gum?" Rich asked, muttering.

Michael nodded. "Yeah, one sec." He grabbed his backpack and picked it up, taking a pack of gum out. "Hope you like spearmint," he chuckled, grabbing a piece out and turning around. He tossed it over to Rich, who easily caught it and unwrapped it.

"That'th better," he chuckled. "WaWa?" He proposed.

"Hell yeah."

The two walked downstairs, Michael saying a quick explanation to his one mother- Ina was at work, Ma just got back- before they left. They decided to walk since the WaWa was only a block away.

"So why get the beans?" Michael asked a few seconds after they got outside.

Rich shrugged. "I dunno, gueth I thought it'd be fun. Pluth, it wath thomething the both of uth could enjoy," he explained.

Michael nodded. "Valid explanation," he pointed out, smiling. He would say sophisticated things like that randomly and nobody would question it. It became a normal thing- sometimes Rich did it, too.

While Michael was lost in thought, they had arrived at the WaWa to get their slushies. They walked in together before glancing at each other and walking separate ways.

Michael went over to the snack aisles. Having a job at this WaWa has perks. Thankfully, he didn't have to work that day- he asked to have the few days off when Rich asked to stay at his house. The manager understood.

Michael grabbed a couple of chip bags, including white cheddar popcorn, normal Doritos, Fritos, Pringles, and bags of air- Lays potato chips, obviously.

He left the aisle and went to the slushie machine. Rich was already there with two slushies- a red and a blue one.

"Oh, hey thanks," Michael said, smiling.

"Who thaid one wath for you?" Rich asked, joking.

Michael snorted and grabbed the red one, taking a sip. "Me."

"Bold of you to athume I won't take a sip anyway," Rich threatened, grinning.

Michael faked fear, putting his hands up. He didn't drop the slushie. He just held up the slushie and his other hand. "Oh shit, that's intimidating," he chuckled sarcastically, earning a light punch from Rich on the arm.

They laughed a bit before going up to the register and buying their stuff. The two teens left the convenience store and walked back home in comfortable silence. The occasionally dipped the slushies, too.

"Ma, we're back!" Michael announced when they walked in before running upstairs.

"I call red bean bag!" Rich yelled, pushing past Michael.

"Hey wait that's mine!" Michael realized, chasing after him.

It was a race for the red bean bag; who would win?

Rich got the door open first, but it slowed him down a bit. Michael ran past him, Rich on his tail. Michael flopped onto the bean bag. Rich forgot how to stop for a second and fell right onto him.

"Oh, h-hey," Rich snickered, basically laying on Michael's lap by now.

Michael's face was starting to flush. "Y-yeah, hi," he responded, eyes wide.

"How'th it goin'?" Rich joked.

"Oh my god-" Michael snorted, putting his slushie off to the side and covering his face as he laughed.

Michael moved his hands and saw the Rich was actually comfortable, so he slightly shrugged and grabbed the remote from behind him. "Wanna play Mario Kart?" He suggested.

"Yeah thure, where'th my controller?" Rich asked, glancing around.

"On the TV stand, where we left both of them," Michael pointed out.

Rich nodded and reached over, grabbing both of their controllers. Michael turned the Switch on.

"Game on, Mikey!" Rich snickered once they had gotten set up.

"Oh, it's on, now!" Michael laughed. After he said that, the race had started.

After an hour or two of Mario Kart, they put the controllers down, letting the game run as they sat there speaking with one another.

"Tho Jenna wath telling me about how thee thaw Chloe and Brooke at the boardwalk the other day," Rich started.

"They're always with each other, what's the deal with it?" Michael asked.

"Apparently they were holding handth and thometimeth they kitthed!" Rich finally got to the point, smiling.

"Well that's not unexpected," Michael laughed, rolling his eyes. "Is it really surprising?"

"You're not wrong but thtill," Rich chuckled. "I'm jutht feeling really left behind. Everyone elthe exthept uth are in relationshipth and are really happy," he started venting, laying his head back on the bean bag. "Like I've been with people before, but I haven't in a while and I'm really thtarting to wonder if it'll ever happen again," he sighed.

Michael frowned a bit. "Maybe if we hold a party on Saturday we could try something."

"Friday might be better. Parentth want me to go to thomething with them Thaturday afternoon," Rich muttered. "Well, at leatht my mom doeth."

"Alright, cool. I'll text Jake and Jere," Michael answered, leaning back and reaching for his phone. "Fuck it's too far," he muttered.

Rich snorted and sat up, grabbing his phone. "Take," he said simply, laying back down.

Michael smiled and grabbed his phone, quickly texting Jeremy and Jake.

"Party's on for Friday night," Michael told him, smiling.