Beating of our hearts

(Candy)
HE'S USING ME AS A BOOTY CALL.
The bus ride was magical. Nothing like I experienced before it was so full of emotion. But the rest of the day all I could about was it. He is confusing me, like I never have been before. But all he wants is a booty call. Great.

'Early bus?? ;)'

👏🏻I 👏🏻WoN'T👏🏻 Be👏🏻 a 👏🏻bOoTy👏🏻cAlL!👏🏻
I know. I'll go down there and tell him just what I think of him!
...
I can see his grin from here. Fuck him.
"Hi you're ok?" he leans in closer to me as if for a kiss. Part of me wants to surrender to him.
"Oh my god. David." A look of confusion crosses his face. How can he pretend he doesn't know what I'm talking about! "I'm not going to be a booty call, David! I can't believe you want to use me like that!"
"Oh my god, Candy!" He shakes his head as relief floods his face. "No" he takes my hands in his. "Never. I love you. That means I would defend you with my life even if the odds were impossible. It means I will comfort you in the difficult and painful times. It means I will dance and rejoice with you when times are good. It means I will never betray you, never give up on you. It means finding my fire when you, my loved one, is threatened, only doing what is necessary for us to be together" he kisses my hands and with one small tug I'm embracing him. I melt like butter under his hands.
"I love you too" I felt so terrible that was my lame answer to his speech.
He kissed me and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below my ear, his thumb caressing my cheek as our breaths mingled. I ran her fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between us and i could feel the beating of his heart against my chest.

THE END